AMD's (ProRender) Plugin for Blender Previewed

proPronder does not require an AMD card, so Nvidia should be fine. This is an early releases so crashes are to be expected. The fact that you are on High Sierra should not affect it but it is possible.

I doubt it will be a Cycles replacement any time soon. Like Blender 2.8 will need time to stabilize. Most likely it has a small team of devs behind it.

(yfile) #403

I know ProRender will not be Cycles replacement soon but I can’t use High Sierra forever. There are software that require Mojave already. I want to be able to use both Blender and macOS and I’m looking for options. I ordered Vega and will see how it works.

(Leonard Siebeneicher) #404

ProRender makes good impression to me. Does ProRender support hair on Linux?

Well you can still use Cycles on CPU mode. But yeah GPU wise its currently a dead end. But I can confirm otherwise that Blender is fully functional on Mojave because I regularly build it once a week at least.

(yfile) #406

Using CPU when I have multiple fast GPUs? Hmm… Unfortunately without Nvidia support Blender is non-functional for me.

(bsavery) #407

Windows builds are fixed.

(Metin Seven) #408

I’m very curious how well ProRender performs using an NVidia GPU. Does it fully utilize the power of both AMD and NVidia GPUs?

:slight_smile: Indeed.

@Metin_Seven
Works well on different NVidia’s GPUs in single machine.
Haven’t put AMD’s in the mix yet. It’s not officially advised, but should work.
IIRC, Dade (LuxCore author/developer) is using such mixed setup with its own tool.

(carlosan) #410

AMD Radeon ProRender for Blender 2.80 Beta

https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-2183
We are excited to finally talk publicly about a version of Radeon ProRender that supports Blender 2.80! Blender 2.80 is has a great deal of interest from users due to its radical changes to the workflow, and we thought it was only appropriate to give the ProRender plugin the same attention. We have been working hard over the last few months and this is just a preview of what the final product will be. Expect updates weekly-ish until Blender 2.80 is released and a final plugin ready when Blender is. Hats off to the Blender Institute for such a game-changing release!

(Leonard Siebeneicher) #411

Hi carlosan.
I would love to try it. But I can not find an installer for linux machines.

(Leonard Siebeneicher) #412

Thank you for the linux build.

To get it working on ubuntu 18.10, I had to …

apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev

after, everything works fine.