an animated short

Here is the animated short I’ve been working on for some time now. It is made with Blender and done almost entirely by one person (me)!

That’s pretty awesome!! How long did something like that take to render?

I’m always impressed when someone manages to pull of a big project like that! How long did it take you to make? Are all the characters made by you?

It took me about a year and a half to complete this project since I could only work on it about 15 hours per week. I had never animated before either so I was learning as I went along. Render times were slow but I was able to spread the jobs over three computers so that helped.

Everything was made by be except the Phoenix. I had another artist design and build it since ship design is not one of my strong points.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Yeah man, I think it is really awesome! I mean, I know how hard it is to animate, so I know you put a lot of work into it! That reminds me though, on BlenderGuru.com, he has a tutorial on gun firing that you could check out, the effects he can do are pretty awesome!

Hey everyone, just a quick update: the artists who designed and built the Phoenix in the film was none other than Ian Hubert! Some of you may recall Ian’s VFX reel was featured on Blender Nation back in December. Just wanted to give credit where credit was due to a very tatlented artist. Thanks again Ian!