An anime-style lady

It took me about ten hours to finish. Comments and crits would be nice or you could just tell if you like it or not.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/izh/blender/knpieni.htm

It’s a spear what she’s holding. And I know the shoulder area looks funny, the head’s a bit too big and the hands are small.

Very nice work! My only crit is that I think she needs a few more curves in the legs… not much, just a little more…

Great job :smiley:

Really good but the body needs more shading
It is quite dull compared to the rest (hair, weapon, etc)
Good work.
If you wanna see my pics they are in my gallery in the link below
(in my signature)

Postive comments: Great job on the hair. You have a good handle on highlights and darkest spots, as well as the transitions.
She has an interesting ornament on her ear.
I like how her eyes are shaped differently from the anime-style eyes one usually sees. It’s certainly refreshing to see your unique style manifesting in here.
The way her necklace falls over her neck looks proper enough. They certainly follow the nonflat surface of her neck area.
The spear has an interesting design. Her attire is also quite innovative. Nicely detailed and colored.
Overall curves of her outline look feminine and soft, as opposed to the male counterpart of harder lines. The lighting on the skin further suggests the feminine quality.

Critiques: You’re right about the shoulders and the hands, but it seems like you’ve labeled this a finished piece. Guess you’d have to watch out for these things next time.
I’m going to do this from top to bottom, starting with her head. Her bangs, although well shaded, sprout somewhat illogically from the rest of her hair. The parting and the strands before the bangs do not suggest termination in such a fashion. The way that the hair before the bangs trail to both sides also looks a bit unnatural.
Her bosom is placed oddly. Her left breast (our right) should be slightly higher, since her left arm (our right) is raised. Right now, it makes her look lopsided. In addition, since her body is turning to her left (our right, once again), we should see the right breast (our left) as less round.
Her waist is way too thin to support a chest like that. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t fall into the teenage boy dream – in other words, a nonexistant female with a chest so large and a waist so small that she’d surely either snap in two, or never be able to stand up.
I’m fine with the shading on her upper body. All I suggest is that you turn up the contrast. Anime style in itself goes by with minimalistic shading, so I don’t find a problem with your shading on her body. However, her legs could use a bit more shading, and the way her foot is shaded makes it look as if the front is facing us. The back leg needs a darker shading. Right now it looks flat, since you properly decided to take out the lighting. You need to compensate by adding more dark.
The shading on her skirt does not work. You should add a few more creases to enhance the fabric effect. Right now it just looks like you copped out while you were coloring it. I suggest you keep the shading, and add the necessary lines.

Keep up the good work and be sure to always use your own unique style!

Thank you very much for your replies akator, [og]GrYpHoN and especially sno4wy for excellent pointers! I’ll be careful not to do the same mistakes in the future.
This is my first properly computer-colored drawing and your comments and crits help me become better!
Thanks again!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t fall into the teenage boy dream – in other words, a nonexistant female with a chest so large and a waist so small that she’d surely either snap in two, or never be able to stand up.
hey who needs her to stand up, im good with her lying down… on my bed :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways very nice work, Fudge