An argument that needs to be settled (-:

hey all
Me and my friend saw certain work in networking
And we have an argument about the reliability of the propulsion system
I argue it’s hard to see how this thing moves through some propulsion system?
And he claims it’s reliable and it’s all electric motors that drive the wheels.

what do you think?
What do you think about that?
(-:

sory for bad english and thnks

If the motors are embedded in the wheels and all you have is electrical wires going into them, it should work in fine (in theory). Only place I don’t see working is the ball joint.

1 Like

thanks for reply

When I first saw this tool i did think it is all Hydraulic system and we have something that can chance modes like we see in pics but this cant move on
but with electric system inside like you say its can work (again in theory)

I would mostly think of this in terms of world building. You can really go crazy or very conventional regarding the current state of that world. Since these vehicle looks sci-fi or cyberpunk very far in the future I could really easily go with cold fusion or nuclear or even if we talk about plain electric motors we hope that they would have been technologically so advanced that they would be very efficient in terms of output and duration.

1 Like

It seems to me like you’d have to have an electric motor of some kind in the base of each wheel, as there is no evidence of a drivetrain to apply force from the main body down to the wheels. However, don’t confuse “electric” motors with power source. The thing could be powered by unicorn farts for all it matters, as long as that source can generate electromagnetic induction (ie electric induction motor).
:slight_smile:

If you’re not happy with that, then you could either work driveshafts into the design of each leg, or make the leg sections thick enough to house chain/belt drives.

1 Like

…I would love to see the control panel inside the cockpit… that would answer a lot of questions… or create a ton more

edit: I have just come to the conclusion that it is not possible due to the lacking reinforcement structure inside the ball joint. It’s placed inconveniently and could not support the required mechanics to support the force which would be generated on each limb

1 Like

thanks for the answers
It’s nice to have varied opinions on this matter
When I first saw this model, intuitively I felt that something didn’t flow reliably, in general the model was fine but there are some points as some of you wrote that might have increased reliability and improved the design in my opinion.
Thanks again for the answers