An axis?

Is there anyway to make an object rotate on the x axis freely without any coding? I am also trying to make it rotate to which way the mouse is.

Can you explain a little bit better?
All objects can rotate on the x axis freely.

Basically Im making a tank game, and I want it to move where the mouse is pointed. And by “axis” I mean like a car axis. It can rotate one direction with gravity.

You mean an axle? Best way to go about an axle is to use a vehicle wrapper. I believe Monster has one, but I’m having trouble finding one later than Blender 2.49. If he’d like to pitch in I’m sure he can find it for you.

i can only think of something with like very little coding:

you would have the upper part of the tank (the lower part rotates with a/d right?) track (not 3d) to an empty, lets just call it “trackempty”

always ----- and ----- track to “trackempty”

in the trackempty you would have a mouse over any sensor with true level triggering connected to a python script controller

script would be

import bge

cont = bge.logic.getCurrentController()
mouseover = cont.sensors["mouseover"] #this should be the mouse over any name
trackempty = cont.owner

trackempty.position = mouseover.hitPosition #this moves the trackempty to the mouse hit position --> turns the upper part of the tank

if you want the upper part of the tank to track slower, just adjust the tracking time

edit:
for this the upper and lower part would have to be different objects, with the upper part being parented to the lower part