An Elf. Go figure ;)

I whipped this together for the Blender Cloth entry thread. It took me a while to get the result I wanted on the cloth. Almost would have been faster doing it manually. But I’m new to the tool. Anyway, let me know what youz guyz think.

http://urielgeist.animationbreak.com/Images/melf01.jpg

Rendered with Yafray 1h13m. Used BI for test renders.

Edit: Updated Image. Render BI 1min 12secs :frowning:

That’s amazing! Yeah, the cloth looks great! Very realistic. To be honest I’m more impressed with the hair, though… did you use the particle system or is it a textured mesh? In places it looks like particles, elsewhere it looks like a mesh.

I think the skin looks rather dead and overall the materials don’t do justice to the modeling. It looks OK, but with better texturing it has the potential for looking great. :wink:

There was a large amount of color loss when going from BI to Yafray. I don’t know why. I like the way it look though so I kept it. In the attachment I did a quick render with AAO and pixel cache to give an idea of the original texture. I’m just stumped how to produce a clear facial bump map with BI. (currently tweaking every setting)

Edit: Le Choc!!! The strands render with Raytracing. Okay so, I can get the bump to show. Now I just need proper transparency on the eyes.

Double Edit: Couldn’t get the eyes to show right with BI raytracing, however I discovered that really upping the shadow buffer made the bumps show much like they did in Yafray. I am now learn’ed.

Attachments


It was just he particle system. I used four systems: top left right rear. Each with 40-60 strands. I emitted children from faces. Adjusted the clump for all and the shape for some. Took a while to style it just right.