An experimental project needs an artist.

Sorry if it don’t go here.

So, I’m trying to get people together to do an experimental project. It’s going to be a straight to internet/DVD SERIES. It’s a horror zombie apocalypse series. The series, if I can secure a film maker, will be shot entirely in front of green screen/chromakey. As a result, we’ll need backgrounds to composit. I want them to be CG images.

You MUST be a good enough modeller/texturer/lighter/animator for the project. Expert is not required, just as long you can do those things passable. Must be able to make custom vehicles, buildings, interiors, environments, and props for the scenes. Models and textures do not need to be photo real and stunning, just good enough. We can always use fake depth of field. All models/textures and whatever you use MUST BE YOUR PROPERTY. This is a FOR PROFIT project, and we don’t want people suing. The artist is the most important person on this project aside from the film maker, which we don’t have yet. I’m hoping if we secure an artists, and show off some renders and stuff, film makers will become more interested and convinced this project can succeed.

There’s a lot more to go into, but I’ll wait for some questions or whatever before going on.

And, yes, as I said this is a for profit project. It doesn’t guarantee we ever will make a profit since this is an independent venture, but we’re gonna try. So you must be prepared to work for free or for snack money until we do get bling rolling in. A lot to ask, I know, but this is an experiment after all. But dont feel bad, noone’s getting paid.

I’ll keep bumping, BTW. :smiley:

YOU mUST have a web site… And Yo MUSt look like your not trying to scam

YOU mUST have a web site… And Yo MUSt look like your not trying to scam

We would have a website. Except for the fact it would be a black page saying: coming soon “as soon as we make something.” There’s nothing to put on a website at this point. When there’s something to put on one, a site will be made. It’d be a waste of time right now. If I had a single picture of something to put up, I would.

And you can’t scam someone when they sign release forms or whatever. Assuming there is one for this sort of thing… I’m not sure. We’ll work legal stuff out later.

I’m more worried about ME getting scammed since I’m probably going to be the one shovelling money into this. I have concidered the possibility of when sending money to someone who says they’ll do the 3Dstuff, or filming, I’ll get nothing in return. But since it’s a lot of work, I will try and pay something if I can.

It’s a horror zombie apocalypse series.

LOL. erm, ahem… hoo, hahahahaha! hohohoho! (snif, snif) Sorry, sorry. The content sounds like a “B” series from the late fifities…

I’m more worried about ME getting scammed since I’m probably going to be the one shovelling money into this.

Since youi mention money, how much have you determined to budget for this project?

LOL. erm, ahem… hoo, hahahahaha! hohohoho! (snif, snif) Sorry, sorry. The content sounds like a “B” series from the late fifities…

Ever hear of “don’t judge a book by it’s cover?”

Since youi mention money, how much have you determined to budget for this project?

Unknown. Pretty much what can be spared. I won’t know until we get a film maker and find out about make up and stuff. If the film maker can cover those costs, I could afford a little something for the CGI person.

Like I said, there’s no big money in this until we can actually sell it. And even then there’s no guarantees.

Erm…

I’ll give you a chance, just because I am curious like a cat.

Who are you and what do you know about film making ?
Do you have a synopsis ready for that series ?

you should ask at a film or art school and not here.
you will be more successful at those places because students
will be able ot use that work for their school classes.

you could at least put information about yourself onto the website
determin goals, where you are from, what the movie will be about
etc.

otherwise with the message you posted i rather see a dead project already.

claas

Anarchist86ed, got any work of your own? A portfolio? A demo reel? Misc. renders? You’ll find that an artist will tend to cling to other artists more then to fairy tale makers. Anyone can write a good story. Just not sure where your position is in this project other then an organizer. You really haven’t given anyone any reason to join the project other then something to fill the gap of spare time. Not trying to sound rude, just curious.

Really Brian ?

:slight_smile:

i have to agree, writing a good story is as difficult as making a good rendering.

Anarchist86ed, got any work of your own? A portfolio? A demo reel? Misc. renders?

I can model a box into kind of shape that looks like something.

If I could do the CG myself, trust me I would. Then I wouldn’t have to beg, or pay for someone to do it.

you should ask at a film or art school and not here.
you will be more successful at those places because students
will be able ot use that work for their school classes.

Why would I ask a student when I’m hopefully on track to getting someone who HAS made films?

you could at least put information about yourself onto the website
determin goals, where you are from, what the movie will be about
etc.

The answer is no and no.

I don’t give out personal data of myself on the internet. Not unless there’s a reason. And until the concept is copywritten, I’m hesitant to do that either.

Who are you and what do you know about film making ?

Professional photographer, video editor, and amature writer “still learning”. But my pro photography skills are irrelevant since it’s impossible for me to film this thing. Which is why I’m looking for a person to do that.

Do you have a synopsis ready for that series ?

Yes. But I’m not just going to go showing it off. Stuff like that would only be for people involved. You’d likely get the same response from other people about showing off writing that’s not yet been copywritten.

otherwise with the message you posted i rather see a dead project already.

So I’ll cross you off the list of people who can help. :smiley:

I guess you are missing my point and the way how you defend yourself I sence a taste of “I dont know if I can do it!”.

I am sorry, but when money and payments are involved you should represent yourself a bit more professional. Saying who you are, what you are looking for is not giving away any secret but building up your credentials.

With a NDA you can protect yourself.

I am not attacking you. I have no interest in that. I am just pointing out some areas from my point of view.

claas

Anyone that is going to do professional work for payment, would certainly need to know who the client (you) are!

Point of note: If you create something, it is automatically under your copyright. No process is necessary. The advantage of registering with a copyright agency is simply to prove when you created it.

And there is a reason to give some basic information about yourself on the internet. People don’t typically trust folks that they don’t know. If they don’t trust you, chances are good that they won’t work with you, either. And the ones that do work with you won’t have much respect for you because they don’t know anything about you. Just, IMHO.

Point of note: If you create something, it is automatically under your copyright. No process is necessary. The advantage of registering with a copyright agency is simply to prove when you created it.

Trust me. I have had experiences with this. Copyright first. Always copyright first. I don’t wanna end up like a friend of mine who didn’t…

And there is a reason to give some basic information about yourself on the internet.

Privately. Not publically.

People don’t typically trust folks that they don’t know.

I still don’t trust a guy I’ve know for 7 years on the net. But he’s a little weird so there’s a good reason. :rolleyes:

Anyone that is going to do professional work for payment, would certainly need to know who the client (you) are!

Yes, I’m well aware.

I guess you are missing my point and the way how you defend yourself I sence a taste of “I dont know if I can do it!”.

Title does say “experimental”. No CG person, no project. It’s that’s simple. I could use photo backgrounds, but those are far more difficult and vastly more expensive to do. So, yes, of course I’m not certain this can succeed.

I am sorry, but when money and payments are involved you should represent yourself a bit more professional. Saying who you are, what you are looking for is not giving away any secret but building up your credentials.

yuhuh.

I am not attacking you. I have no interest in that. I am just pointing out some areas from my point of view.

Nor am I attacking anyone. But I’m asking for help, not debate stuff that wastes my time. If you want to talk about the project, only in a serious manner, just message me and we’ll discuss the important legality and whatever stuff. Otherwise, it’s becoming a waste of my time that I don’t have to waste. I get 2 hours of computer time a day and it’s a waste debating things that are not about what I’m asking for or offering.

It doesn’t matter if it the best grafics in the world or the worst, if it has a good story it will make millions. Heck might even win an oscar.

Point: I would like to see the story for at least the first episode in the mix.

Point: I would like to see the story for at least the first episode in the mix.

I’m willing to compromise on that. But one thing I can’t do, since I’m bringing others into the project, is show the enire thing. This project will benefit them to and so It’d be irresonsible to just show it around to anyone when it’s unprotected. I’d be willing to release a few pages of it, but not in public. Atleast give me that one, y’all…

If anyone does agree to think about doing the work, they’d of course get the whole thing.

It doesn’t matter if it the best grafics in the world or the worst, if it has a good story it will make millions.

I’ll settle for pretty good graphics at this point.

The project is mostly story anyway. There’s not much you can do with chromakey except composit a still or animated image in the background. But without backgrounds, and some animations, it won’t work. People in front of a green wall is not going to be interesting, or profitable.

Point of interest: I may have something for a website. Something to juice up interest in the project. I Just have no technical know how yet on how to do a website. Or post a video for that matter…

Details, details. :cool:

OK, I do happen to know a burgeonning film director, unfortunatly he’s french… we could try to do the entire series using the internet (that would be a first and a good marketting ploy).
Good thing is he’s currently searching for a way to produce his movie, bad thing is: his story still needs a little tweaking, as chance would have it it is a psychological horro scenario…

Now lets get down to the real cake:
where do you think you were going to shoot the DVD? (we’re not all living in the USA here).

OK, I do happen to know a burgeonning film director, unfortunatly he’s french… we could try to do the entire series using the internet (that would be a first and a good marketting ploy).
Good thing is he’s currently searching for a way to produce his movie, bad thing is: his story still needs a little tweaking, as chance would have it it is a psychological horro scenario…

Well, I’ve got my eye on a director who’s done low budget horror films. I don’t really care who makes it, but I’m setting the whole thing in America, and of course with english speaking actors.

Now lets get down to the real cake:
where do you think you were going to shoot the DVD? (we’re not all living in the USA here).

I could care less where the CG person comes from. It’d be more of a pain to work out legal and money stuff, but that’s not my top concern. You can be from mars for all I care, just as long as you can model.

guess he is right, only because you did something you do not have the copyright directly. you can change a tiny bit and it might be already yours.
copyright for art is not that easy. it is rather a total mess.