An F1 car I always wanted to do (.blend file)

stunning model and five stars from me, I think you should have put on a track than no doubt it would be in the gallery. The model is beautiful but the studio render does it no favors. It should be tearing down a track.

thanks for the blend, I need to learn how to unwrap inorganic stuff I will be studying this a lot hopefully I can put the knowledge I gain to good use

wow, yeah, that looks awesome

I have added a stereo image in first post.

WOW,this is awesome. And we get the blend file to go with it. Thanks.

A tutorial would be nice. hahaha

Next years F1 will be exciting with Alonso going to Ferrari.

What really will be interesting is Button and Hamilton in McLaren. There is going to be Roman Circus Maximus with Gladiators.

Great model!
Congratulations :slight_smile:

Really great work. Excellent.

Have been looking over the .blend. Thnx for posting it and for all the descriptions.

Trying to come to grips with Luxrender for the past couple weeks, great renderer i must say but im just wondering why you change the gain for the sky and sun (street render) to such a low value of 0.001. I get the same result with the gain at default. Also noticed you use linear instead of reinhard. Is there and reason for this apart for the added exposure control.
Never thought of using a color chart before either.

Hope ya don’t mind the ignorant questions.

I used linear exposure so I had to lower very much the strength of those lights. Even with that it was not enough and then in the luxgui I had to lower again the strength of those lights. The gain in default gives the same result??? Then it must be a bug in luxrender.
The lighting in luxrender is going to be “calibrated” for next release because just now the lights are near 100 times stronger. So I will wait for next release and check again the scene.

Exposure control gives a image that looks worst in my opinion. I like to calibrate the lights with a colorcard (I think I didn’t included it in the zip but I will do in next project and also I will do a tutorial about how I do the calibration).

I think in the blend file is one included with six color slots, but that is not the one I use to calibrate the lights (one with degradation bars for R, G, B and K) and two photos, I think I didn’t included this one in the zip).
Using a colorcard is very easy to calibrate the lights. Then of course you change the lights to the mood you want, it is only to achieve a starting point. I have planned to make a tutorial about how I do this because I just now don’t remember any tutorial about this on the net (or at least the way I do this). But I don’t know if I am going to do it now or wait for my current project to be finished (some months from now).

amazing!!!
i love the 3d one!

it’s amazing !! N!C3 J0B!!

Thnx for explaining things Bao.

The tute would be really interesing to see if/when you find the time.

Thank you very much for the .blend file, I could learn a lot from it

Well done! Thanks, I have used it in my Blender game and it looked phenomenal! Good job. :slight_smile: