An Industrial Loft

Hello, everyone!
I would like to share my latest render, which is an industrial loft. This loft took me around 5 days to complete. I am not exactly happy with the result (of course this is my first time making an industrial interior) and there are some errors, but I tried as much as my laptop could handle (8GB RAM problem).

Anyway, all these aside, feedback and criticism are welcome! Thanks, everyone! :grinning:

Rendered in Cycles with 2048 samples. Post-processed in Affinity Photo.

31 Likes

Donā€™t tell people what you did wrong ā€” Let them figure it out on their own!
(Unless of course you are asking advice on how to fix something specific.)

Personally I think the orange chairā€™s legs need to be beefed up a little bit. I wouldnā€™t trust sitting on anything that spindly in real life.

The whiteness of the windows enhances the mood, IMHO.

1 Like

Thanks! Also, I will be sure to keep that in mind. :wink:

I think it looks quite cozy. Not sure how I feel about white windows/outside. I would expect it to be much more boosted or even blown out or glaring white at the overal exposure of the scene.
However, Iā€™m not versed in archviz.

Iā€™m neither a brick layer, but that piece of brick frame between the windows defies the laws of physics.
It may look nice, but you wouldnā€™t find anything like that in reality, I think.

1 Like

Thanks, I do appreciate the advice. :grinning: Yes, I do understand the fact that the outside is too dark, but I didnā€™t find that issue until later due to the fact I used a render farm.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks, @bartv! :grin:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the ā€œBehind the Scenesā€ article for this stunning artwork!

Do check out this article, written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step and provides insight into architecture-designing in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn

1 Like