An Intro to my Project - Game 3.0

(CYNIC78) #41

Awesome update. All-terrain buggy is working like charm! Love it. However i have noticed small bug - camera is alwayas slowly rotating on x global axis. Blender 2.79.

Quest\missions!? So are you gonna add dialog system? Like you talk with NPC who give you task - to kill 10 monsters and bring their heads, or some artifact? :slight_smile: That would be incredible!

(Daedalus_MDW) #42

the slow auto rotate is an issue with resolution handling. upbge supposedly tried to fix this issue, but only fixed it halfway (linux works and windows doesnt). after some experimenting, i think i may have come up with a work around, but its really hard to make a “Solution”. it depends on which way it drifts. ill make a test file with the variations.

i made an issue, post details here: https://github.com/DaedalusMDW/bge_game-3.0_template/issues/7

dialog system should be a part of it. i even have plans for a choice system. a new hud element will be present on the right center of the the player hud layout to tell you your list of tasks.

update:

• added a few patches to the ledge grabber, you should be able to grab moving objects now :sunglasses:
  • cloning source should be stable.

(CYNIC78) #43

That’s great, with dialog and quests\missions template one can make more than just platformer but cool adventure game! :slight_smile:

I have tested grab ledge - it works! Now character can hang on animated objects. Great improvement!

Camera “drift” issue in pictures (i didn’t found how to attach images in github :face_with_raised_eyebrow:):

(Daedalus_MDW) #44

@CYNIC78 i moved the screens to github.

update:

• movement now has a function of its own.
  • created a strafe mode place holder. now to go make some animations :expressionless:

(CYNIC78) #45

This is cool! :+1:
I’ve answered on github about drifting camera. It may be resolution related thing. I have my game launched with some weird resolution (1190x669). But can’t find way to change it. When i eneter comand “resolution: 1920x1080” it says there is no such command. What is exact command in Deadalus Operating System to change window resolution? :slight_smile:

(Daedalus_MDW) #46

well, i guess not everyone cares for the command prompt, so ill have to make an actual ui.

mockups and suggestions welcome. :grin:

(CYNIC78) #47

I fixed problem as you said just deleting graphic.cfg solved camera drift.
As for launcher UI it would be awesome! I think it shouldn’t be complicated - just simple menu with few “buttons” for quick access to game:
choose maps, choose characters, keymap, quailty settings, exit.

(Daedalus_MDW) #48

i commited some improvements:

• resolution handling of odd numbers
  • save/load vastly more stable when using “login” to switch profiles.

be warned:

• there is no autosave (use “save” command before profile switching if you want to save a file)
  • old save files will be broken mostly.

(Daedalus_MDW) #49

Stable v0.1.0 is here.

going to be the last update here for a while. feel free to post bug reports on github and ill do my best to address them.

i need to think more about the scope of the project and rebuild my burnt inspiration. dont fear, im not quitting the project, i just need to recharge. this is a normal song and dance for me. i find distancing from projects is a really good way to stay sharp. right now i have a lot of half baked ideas floating around.

if theres someone who wants to either contribute or build a compilation of CC0 demo assets (especially maps), then that would be great (try and mind the file size). my artist spends all his energy on our game project. the stick man and block levels are my raw untethered artistic ability :wink:.

(CYNIC78) #50

Gonna test it. Take your time to break from project, we will wait when you will back! I will post on github if i will find some bugs!

(Daedalus_MDW) #51

small update:

• added a kill command if launched from embedded player (“P” in viewport).

(Daedalus_MDW) #52

fixed a massive, very obnoxious bug with the inventory hud layout. not sure how i missed it. :scream:

just replace HUD.py from the github master to fix, or delete line 638.

(Daedalus_MDW) #53

another small update:

• some graphical hud improvements, loading boxes, blackouts, etc
  • items and weapons are now normalized. the boxes and halos are a constant 1 meter while the objects get scaled.
    • scale is inverse to retain backwards compatibility (bigger numbers are smaller objects)
    • offset values are scaled with object (offset 0.1 and a scale of 2 actually moves 0.05)
    • only applies to boxes and dropped items. equipped objects are actual scale.

(Daedalus_MDW) #54

thanks to a side project by @PixelSonic101, ive spent the time to vastly improve joystick/gamepad axis integration.

Update:

• new functions input.ClipAxis() and input.JoinAxis() allows for high quality deadzone calculations.

• see player.CorePlayer.getInputs() for an example of usage.
  • added arguments to input.KeyBase.axis():

• key, if set true, will check if the bound key is KX_INPUT_ACTIVE, and set the return to 1.0 if so.
    • clip will run the axis value through a deadzone calculation before returning. useful for single axis input like car steering, etc.
  • pause menu got a quality update. axis and mouse should now be on speaking terms and cooperate.

(Fred/K.S) #55

Really great stuff buddy and also its great to be collaborating with u on my project as well!
(If u also need any help im also openly available to help) :sunglasses:

Fred/K.S

(Daedalus_MDW) #56

Head on over to the Releases and get the latest and greatest updates!

New Instant Launch and Stability Debugs make map testing faster and easier then ever!

UPBGE now officially supported! still in early stages.

(CYNIC78) #57

Thank you very much! Gonna test new update!