An LCSM question.

Hi all,

Been experimenting with LCSM.

I load a simple face in edito mode, apply a seam right down the middle and, in UV Face Select, do U|LCSM. So far so good and my face is neatly split in half in the UV eidtor. Save ‘UV Face Layout’ as a TGA and load it into Photoshop. In photoshop, paint a couple of the blocks in different colours so I can see the effect in blender - save that file and, in blender, load the image in the UV editor.

Now, in photoshop, my faced edges were displayed in red and the background to my image was white.

My question is this (and I’m sure is blindingly obvious to the experts here): am I supposed to get rid of the red edge markings in photoshop myself or is there some undiscovered blender option that will import this image removing the edge markings?

Well it is not blindingly obvious, but you will smack yourself when I tell you.

When you open saved UV face layout in photoshop, use layers to paint on you image(above the red lines), then turn off layer with red lines and save a SEPARATE flattened version. Always make sure to save a different version so you can go back to original and make changes.

Duly smacked :wink:

BTW - just what does LCSM stand for?

big long technical name, there is a link to a tech paper written up on it somewhere. :smiley:
wasn’t as helpful this time was I?

LSCM = Least Squares Conformal Mapping

GreyBeard

[quote=“sirfragalot”
BTW - just what does LCSM stand for?[/quote]

it’s LSCM not LCSM.

it means “Least Square Conformal Map”, which is the description of the mathematical method involved.

it’s LSCM not LCSM.

it means “Least Square Conformal Map”, which is the description of the mathematical method involved.[/quote]

Thanks.