Anakra Project: Looking for artists

Team name:
Anakra Project Team

Project name:
Anakra Online, Anakra

Brief description:
The Anakra Project involves the creation of two games. The first is a casual story driven game named Anakra that explains the history of Anakra and has two goals. The first goal is to build up a community, and to provide a steady flow of money. The second goal is to provide links with publishers to prove that we can make a game. Publishers provide money for the development of the game and provide advertisement and marketing, which we will need for both of these projects, especially the second one. The second game is an MMORPG based in the land of Anakra. The game I talk about in the documents and most of the post is the MMORPG, Anakra Online.

We have been working on the project for about two weeks now, and have been discussing decisions, we have had a meeting, people are working on come concept art and story design, as well as improving the GDD. At this point many decisions have been made with only a few loose ends to tie up, artists being one of them.

Anakra is a 2.5d action-platformer MMORPG where you can fight monsters in real-time, fast paced, epic battles, where you can collect money through skills, quests and trade, and where you can battle against or with your friends against many different monsters.

Target aim:
Commerciably downloadable through Steam and possibly XBLA/PSN.

Compensation:
We offer a percentage of revenue for payment. We cannot pay money up front.

Technology:
The target platform is computer and possibly XBox 360/PS3. The game engine likely depends on whether or not we get published, but we are looking at Hero Engine and Gamebryo if we get publisher, or Leadwerks and NeoAxis if we don’t get published. We have started the steps to contact a publisher, but are looking to finish the team before August 17th. The music creation software is whatever the music designers prefer. The art creation software if get published will likely be Maya.

Talent needed:
We need 3 more universal 3d artists! That is, you can make the 3d graphics from textures, to modelling, to rigging and animation. Please attach some images of your work!

Team structure:
Christian Howe – Programmer
Jimmy Granger – Programmer/Music Artist
Nikola Pacek-Vetnic- Music/Sound artist
Djordje Markovic- Concept Artist
Adam Smith- Writer/Designer

We will design the actual world as a team, so if anyone is out of work they can work on building the world.

Hosting project management site through XP-Dev.com. Will create website before release, preferably after Alpha stage.

Contacts:
Contact [email protected] to join.

Previous Work by Team:
We have worked as individuals on projects, but as a team, none.

Additional Info:
The game concept document can be read here.

We are not entering any competetions anymore, just going through with contacting a publisher and creating the game. The game is also now 2.5d, as decided by the team.

Please attach some images of your work if you email me to join, and a goal statement would help also.

ANY

-Jedimace1

Well, I wish you luck. Most massive multiplayer type games that are dreamed up never make it near the finished state, but if you think you can do it, go for it and see how far you get.

Anakra is a 2.5d action-platformer MMORPG where you can fight monsters in real-time, fast paced, epic battles, where you can collect money through skills, quests and trade, and where you can battle against or with your friends against many different monsters.

As far as I can tell, that’s all of the gameplay description that’s listed in the main post. If somebody wanted to offer their services as a 3D artist, it’s nice to know how their models are going to be used, what theme/setting you’re going for, if they should model landscapes or just characters…
Also, many people will be hesitant to join something that they have no idea whether or not it will finish, so they’ll wait until they see some gameplay as a bit of evidence that the game is actually going to happen.

0.o, not another one -.-

Maybe this should of been posted on the New Discussion section of the forum? Because isn’t this forum suppose to be for the ‘Blender Game Engine’ not the ‘Hero Engine’ then again this IS the team forum… Don’t take it from me, I’m still nwe to the forums ;). Although you do seem to have a much much much better chance to make an MMORPG game then other people who come along and say stuff like this. It’s good that you have a team already, but until you show us some kind of networking test, that YOU made, no one will take this thread seriusly. :no: Please before you start making models, please show us some kind of networking test. :wink:

I wish you good luck guys ;),
Linkxgl

Realmcrafter or the hero engine is a lot easier for mmorpg. Good thing I have realmcrafter :stuck_out_tongue:

This forum is for the blender game engine, not for the heroengine. And what has this got to do with blender if you’re going to use Maya for the modeling?