Ancient Fortress of Soldier's Peak Dragon Age Origins

“Change is coming to the world. Many fears change and will fight it with every fiber of their being. But sometimes, change is what they need most. Sometimes, change is what sets them free.”

• Morrigan, ‘Dragon Age’.

Hey Guys!

I think it’s not a secret to anyone I’m a huge fun of Dragon Age, specially Origins, and recently I decided to reacreate the Ancient Fortress Of Soldier’s Peak. I put a lot of love in this project, it was very exciting to build each part of the fortress, and in the mean time I started to play Dragon Age Origins again, for the fourth time, to get more inspiration. It was a special time to me and I enjoyed a lot the moments of creation.

All peaces are low poly, they were modeled, sculped, texture painted and baked in Blender 3.2.
For the textures I used texture paint and PBR textures, for the mountains PBR textures and for the threes alpha textures.
I used two types of fog, a volume scatter covering the whole scene and some lost fogs I created with the combination of noise texture and gradient texture and duplicated them all over the scene.
For the light on the scenes I used HDRI, and the little ones on the castle an emission node. The render was in Cycles mode.

For the final composition I used Krita and MadBang, I really love the combination of these two softwares.

I wanted to create a dark scene, like in Bloodborn, but I ended up with a Disney scene, hehe, I think it was my mood, don’t know… hehe next time I’ll try… ^;^

There’s much more to learn about 3D and I’m trying day by day to get better. I really found my passion…

Hope you enjoy!

Check the images in full resolution >>> https://www.behance.net/gallery/151822231/ANCIENT-FORTRESS-OF-SOLDIERS-PEAK-DRAGON-AGE-ORIGINS

Creation Process

Inspirations

Nature Assets

Objects Assets

Towers Assets

Big Walls Assets

Clay

15 Likes

Very nice. You’ve also got it all broken into separate, individual pieces, so you basically have an entire castle-building set now. Sweet.

2 Likes

Thank you! ^;^
Yess, I create each module separately, so I can use them in a future maybe in another scene… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you @bartv ^;^

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this incredible artwork!

Do check this article written by the artist herself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step with an insight on making stylized buildings in Blender.

Thanks,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation

2 Likes

Thank you @cgqueen ^;^

1 Like