Angry Ram

well done!!! really like tha character and the cartoony styile :smiley:

hahah looks great!

Great job, love the look of it.

Epic man! Epic!!! :d

woah perfect lighting and rendering!

Amazing work! :slight_smile: and i would be interestes to see nodes :slight_smile:

Great Job. Can you share your setup and/or the source file?

Thank you!
@@rombout: Yes, that is the concept art. :slight_smile:

Here are the screen shots guys, hope you`ll understand/learn something. Cheers again, and have a good day!

Viewport ss:

Base fur nodesetup:

Blue- shaders mid (diffuse + glossy - classic) no translucent cause it renders too slow
Yellow- fur textures mixed and overlayed on top
Red- base hand painted texture
I used only 3 hair particle systems for the fur (base, chest addition, repel strands - not too fancy). And I had 5 in total (1 more for eyelashes and 1 more for eyebrows)

As everyone says, after all, it`s just a matter or trial and error - patience and a lot of time.

(the point where I almost gave up - fur looked terrible and I had to start over with it. Fancy eyebrows though! :stuck_out_tongue: )

You can comb a bit the eyebrows to be more aggressive! Other than that “da-le lectii!” :smiley:

he he
a character !
I see what you mean, however the render on a white background sounds more interesting.
excellent post anyway
congratulations.

The fur and horns look fantastic.

Haha, brilliant expression. Somehow the angry face almost makes me smile out loud :smiley:

Hi Alin,
This is very impressive, i like this guy a lot! I think his story is not fininshed yet, but started right now. Hope to see him in some action, in a whole scene with a story to tell. Keep it up!:slight_smile:

nice reminds me of that angry ram episode from Courage the cowardly dog.

Great character.

this sucks ram balls!!!
what is it? a cotton ball with horns?

Truly incredible work! The eyes, face (emotion), horns and hair are remarkable! Just curious, what is the reflection in the eyes?