Anim8or

Hey guys. When I first wanted to start 3d I found Anim8or but I wasn’t really into 3d then so I didnt’ do anything with it. I wanted to see what some of you thought of it. http://www.anim8or.com

i thought it was very good, i sucked at it but i liked it lol.

Yea, it’s ok, but I think I’m going to stick with blender for now.

It was the first 3d prog i used… I used to love it but now i cant stand it. Blender is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

That program is good for beginner modelers and want to do simple scenes, but i’d rather perfer blender. :slight_smile:

Its was the first prog I used, V0.6 was the version I used the I found blender and haven’t swtich since then… I just hate its modeling system… But then again I hate wings modeling system too

It was the first 3d prog i used… I used to love it but now i cant stand it. Blender is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

tell that to the users on the Anim8r forums. You’ll get grilled just like you would if you came here singing Anim8ors praises :wink:

Yeah I think blender is way better too. Its got way more features, larger user base, faster and more inclusive development, wider range of support for OSs and has a faster and far more intuitive interface.

Blender is better, yes. But Anim8or is the best 3d graphics program ever created by one person- and thats saying something.

yeah anim8or was really helpfull as my training wheels on the bike of 3d. (sorry poor analogy attempt) but blender just can’t be beat

Guess I should have started out with anim8or. But I’m getting pretty good with blender now.

Im an Anim8or. :smiley: It might not be as advanced as blender, but its a lot easier to model with.(although it dosent support nurbs or boolian operations) What I like to do is to model something in anim8or then add to it and render in blender. Works for me. :smiley:
BTW a little off topic, but, hey howitzer Are you the same howitzer in the an8 forums? Im DJ.

mmmmm…simplicity.

Hast Though even used anim8or.

I have used it for a long time and still like it.

it’s spelt “thou” not “though”

and those examples are rather poor in comparison to some of the stuff in WIP and Finished Projects.

Yes they are, but they are not beginner works. and that is the point i was trying to make.