animate a flower that open

helllo
i have a question
how to do ta make a flower close to open with duplivert

why duplivert?? oopening/closing would rather involve relative vertex keys or armatures. please explain what you mean.

marin

If you animate the dupliverted object with RVK, all the copies will animate at once.

Martin

thankx teeth i think your proposition is good :smiley:

true - but all at the same time. an option for a random animation/speed offset for dupliverted, animated objects would be nice here :)… hey this would really be great… <hopping over to blender.org>

solmax im agree with you :slight_smile:

Then make the dupliverts real (it creates instanced copies) and add a Time Offset to each.

Martin

sure - but practically this only works for a couple of instances. i’m talking abt dozens or hundrets of objects - where manual tweaking is not an option. sure you’ll agree on that.

marin

Yup. Doing a python script would be more adapted to those case. As long as you objects are all named the same (Tree.001, Tree.002, …), it’s fairly easy to add random size/rotation/time offset variations.

Would be a good script to bundle with the program.

Martin

Theeth is there a way to access particle locations from Python?

AFAIK, no.

Martin

If you need to have the effect of hundreds of flowers opening, perhaps you could animate a half-dozen variations and then start building up the effect with compositing. Certainly I know that you could accomplish the effect by “really modeling” it, but it seems a shame to spend days or weeks of effort on an SFX that might only occupy a few seconds of screen time.

Heck, maybe practical photography. What if you went out and photographed a real field of flowers, or looked for a usable bit of stock footage?