Animated film Giants in the Earth scene H1

I finished the next scene of my film Giants in the Earth (H1)

A lot of dialog, a montage and a custom motorcycle, Oh my!

If there’s one thing I don’t like rendering in cycles is the noise that it makes when its used in animation. What Happened?

Also was the repeating image of the tree on the hill was suppose to represent the passage of time spent on that location?

This was rendered in Blender internal, but I have been using a lot of area lights, which are noisy unless you set the samples up to 16 -32

Oh. How odd. Using too many area lamps may not be a good thing. You might want to try to go for a more natural light setup. There were a few textures that were flickering.

Oh you mean Z fighting – that’s not related to any light in specific, but there were a few areas where it happened. And generally it happened on scenes that took forever to render (so I decided not to fix and rerender)

The Z fighting. I’ve dealt with that before. You might want to take a look at the numbers in the start and end indicators. Sometimes if you change it to the wrong numbers, you might end up with the textures fighting with each other. If you don’t mind, I would like to see a copy of the blend file. I might be able to fix the problem.