Animated objects in game engine: how to do it?

Another simple question, I looked on Google, but I think I’m not putting in the right phrase. How do I animate objects in the Blender Game Engine?

Hello
One way
Select your object, insert a Loc key in frame 1
move to frame 20 and move your object a bit. Insert a Loc key again
Now in the Logic Bricks add an Always Sensor-> AND-> IPO Actuator - Sta:1 End: 21
Press P, your object should move
Rot and Size IPOs work too
Another way
Select your object, add a Always Sensor -> AND -> Move Actuator - DLoc : 10
Press P
Another way
With a Python script
Open a text window
Now type…euhhhh, HEEEEEELP python gurus :slight_smile:
Bye

Select your object, insert a Loc key in frame 1
move to frame 20 and move your object a bit. Insert a Loc key again
Now in the Logic Bricks add an Always Sensor-> AND-> IPO Actuator - Sta:1 End: 21
Press P, your object should move
Rot and Size IPOs work too

I’ve just tried this, and it doesn’t do anything when I press P. What I’m trying to do is make a skybox rotate indefinately.

Use Rot IPO with Ciclyc interpolation

selection your object, go into the Game panel
add an sensor (let then to always) put a controller AND
et add an actuator Ipo with Play parameter. Set your Start frame and End frame. Puts links between blocks and press play

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3944/ipoactxs2.jpg

Interesting, I do exactly as you say, and it does nothing. Oh well, I guess I’ll try that some other time, I’m just using the “always” thing with a rotation actuator.

It doesn’t work for me either. When I enable the “Force” button to the right of the end frame number, I get the IPO converted to something like a velocity in the game engine. Without the force option nothing happens.

This post is half a month old…

Anyways, did you look at the picture I showed? It’s very simple. If it doesn’t work for you, you can post the blend file so we can see the problem.

yey now i know how to do it lol, thanks arr matey!! woot lol

It’s very simple. I don’t see how you couldn’t figure it out before.

do u know how to change a . blend file into a exe? i just cant get it to work right

Do: File - Save Runtime
Don’t forget to save dsl.dll and python24.dll in the same directory.
(don’t use the “Save dynamic runtime” option)