animated radiosity

(Zweistein) #1

HI,

Is it possible to let an emitting object, move around my room, and than, that they all have radiosity??

thanks
CU

(theeth) #2

No, a radiosity solution is fixed in time. You’d either have to redo it for each frame or forget the animations.

Martin

(Zweistein) #3

ok, i forget them ,-)

(S68) #4

Well, if you have patience and disk space you can make the frames one by one :slight_smile:

Stefano

(z3r0 d) #5

See if you can use radiosity, and the typical lighting techniques…

calc the static stuff with radiosity, and use typical lights on everything as necescary.

play with it

(Zweistein) #6

Excuse me, i am german :wink:

Can you explain it with easy words g, and with long sentences.

What lightning technique you mean? “calc the static stuff with radiosity”???

sorry,
CU

(theeth) #7

Ok, I’ll try to make it simple.

Lets say you have a kitchen with a table and chairs, and you want to make a character walk in that kitchen.
The character would be the only thin moving in this case.
Then, you can run the radiosity solution with all the kitchen walls, chairs and table, but WITHOUT the character
Afterward, you can use Shadow Only spots and layer lamps to light the character, and project his shadow on the other objects light by radiosity.

I hope that was clear enough.

Martin

(_Aorus_) #8

See if you can use radiosity, and the typical lighting techniques…

calc the static stuff with radiosity, and use typical lights on everything as necescary.

Verwende radiosity fuer die Objekte die sich nicht bewegen und benuetze die typische Lichter (spotlights, usw) fuer die, die sich bewegen.

(Zweistein) #9

E: OK, thank you very much g

G: OK, Danke viel mals g

(bmax) #10

or just get lf or vl or bmrt and export and animate and then you will have an animation and it will be with animated radiosity and if you want GI.

Tom