Animated scene "Giants in the Earth F-7"

dx3studios has completed another scene in the film “Giants in the Earth”

for those who have not followed thus far:

At the end of Scene F-5, Erebus was given a message that Odin had attacked the eastern wall.

In response, Erebus sent Pan, with a small contingent to defend the eastern wall as a decoy, while he took Lance, Orion, Scales, and a small party to directly attack Aesir, a fortess of Odin (see scene F-6)

In order to spur Lance’s destructive nature, Erebus placed Lance’s mother in a coolant tank filled with freezing water. At the end of scene F-6 the tank had been drained and Lance, Orion, Scales went back to Atlantis

This scene begins with Pan’s battle at the eastern wall, where we meet Tyr, a general of Odengard.

Then we reach Atlantis, where Lance gets his mother out of the coolant tank and learns the history that has haunted him his whole life. We learn why he “has always been a bald albino” (see scene C-1 and C-2), why he was adopted (see scenes D1 and D2), and we learn about his mother.

This scene is a milestone in storytelling. It is basically the end of all relevant backstory. Now the story will move forward, being guided,not led, by what was behind.

This is amazing in my eyes! I have been getting better but I am not even on that level! lol I am still stuck on high to low poly maping… But once I get the detail i want and actually get better at animating characters I hope to make my own kind of series! This stuff you make own inspires me more!

Appreciate the comment!

BTW – if anyone is interested, the coolant tank setting is available on Blendswap

Daren, you continue to outdo yourself with each episode. I really liked the parking deck sequence. Now, back to work on the next installment!

I am soooo tired…

thanks for the luv!

looks awesome man

Gracias! …

it’s coming out great bro. the animation is smooth and beautiful. I love your camera work and editing style too.

Appreciated. I do wish I could spend more time on animation. I also wish I could spend some more time improving their facial rigs. But I get too impatient. And the next scene is always more exciting than this one.

Thanks for the view!

Daren, you go leaps and bounds ahead! Great work, man!

Awww… you make me blush… (and find an excuse to bump… because all of us as artists are attention starved… "COMMENTS PLEASE!)

wink.