Animated Texture Issue (explosion)

I’ve managed to complete, manage and learn so much without requesting for help, that I’m almost surprised that I haven’t managed to find the solution to something so seemingly simple (it turns out the search feature is extremely useful). In any case, here’s my problem.

I have a single plane that’s all set up with an animation map (assuming that’s what they’re called). The file is a 256x256 JPG with 4x4 frames. This is the file I’m using, from this website.

http://www.positech.co.uk/content/explosion/images/ani1.jpg

Now, the animation itself is working lovely, to the extent that it’s actually animating and it’s only showing one “frame” at a time, as it should. The problem is that it’s first playing the bottom layer, followed by the 2nd layer from the bottom, then the 3rd, and finally the 4th. I realize that I could just edit the original animation map to accommodate for this strange behavior, but I wanted to know if there’s any normal remedy to my dilemma.

Thank you for reading, I hope someone can assist. I can supply a .blend if required.

I don’t know exactly what you are doing but if you have used the UV image editter to map the image on to the plane then you can just rotate the image 180 degrees in the UV image editter. This will turn it upside down and may fix your problem but I am not certain.

Thanks for the idea, I hadn’t thought of that! Unfortunately, it seems no matter which way the UV mapping is rotated (I tried 90, 180, and 270 degrees from the original position), it always animates the same way. Oh well, I suppose I’ll just rearrange the 4 horizontal layers from top->bottom to bottom->top so it animates correctly.

Here’s the same image, to show how I changed it, in case anyone runs into the same problem. I know that it helps when someone’s searching and they find a thread with an identical problem and the actual solution is mentioned somewhere on the thread, with perhaps even an example to show what and how. I also know it’s somewhat infuriating when every thread with the problem makes no mention to how it’s actually fixed, lol.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2893/explosionanimationmap.jpg

The explosion animates beautifully now.