Animated UV textures

How can I animate UV textures (like a small movie playing on a plane). I remember the way was to use the tile method, but I can´t find the Tile button… actually I can´t find any of the image buttons, like Anim, Speed… I just see the Pack, Texture Paint and Lock buttons on the Image Editor.

dude, press the “N” key over the image area… that’s all… nothing’s missing

Thanks, Xintoc. I knew I was missing something :wink:

I got my 512x512 image divided into 25 102x102 squares, like this:
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25

Am I doing this right, because Blender is animating OK, but not in the right order… it goes like 1,2,3,4,5, 22,23… ?

Got the setting as 5x5 tiles, anim from 1 to 24, speed 1.

You need a script to do that. Sorry, I can’t give you one because I can’t script. :frowning:

Isn´t it a native Blender functionality?

speed 1 should be 1 fps

also, press tile in the paint buttons for the face you apply this to

(I think that is it)

Did press the Tile button in the face panel and set the FPS to 1, but the sequence is still playing with an weird order.
If anyone can take a look at the Blend file, here it is:
http://www.ibetbsb.com.br/3dzine/temp/AnimTexture.blend

looks like it plays from bottom to top, left to right

where your texture is numbered from top to bottom, left to right

That was it! It does play from bottom to top, left to right.
Thanks a lot, z3r0 d! What a puzzle!

Yeah, got to remember coordinate 0, 0 is always the bottom left in OpenGL…

it reads the cells bottom left to upper right, starting with zero.

Oh, just like a X x Y graph. Makes sense now.

:-? Sorry I’m kind of slow. Which way does blender play the textures? Ok I have a 4X4 gride. I’ll list numbers and somebody please confirm the order it plays.

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16

Is it playing in this order? 13, 14, 15, 16 then 9,10,11,12 then 5,6,7,8 then 1,2,3,4?

Thanks.

Jason Lin

yes

I looked at the blend file and in the uv window I see an image with the number 21 repeating over and over in a grid.

Where do the other numerals come from in the animation?

I don’t understand what I am looking at… Any links to some kind of doc about it?

The other numbers are in the texture, but when you click the tile button, only the first tile is shown, and is repeated over the whole image.

Yeah - I actually found that not long after posting. It’s not obvious and the buttons are a little scattered around the interface!

Tip: In the UV editor press “n” for the tiles and tile-sizes.