ANIMATED "VIDEO" TEXTURE? CAN IT BE DONE?

I searched for two days, and coudn’t find anything on the subject of making an Animated texture that would simulate Video playing at 30fps on a Model of a TV.

My project is to use Icarus to pixel match a video of aerial photography of Mount Shasta. I have a MASSIVE (10 stories tall) TV Monitor that I’m going to “integrate” into the 5 second shot. Problem is, I cant find anything on how to make a smooth looking animated texture… I assume I’d make a series of jpegs or pngs.

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial? or got some ideas? If it can’t be done… please tell me ASAP, cause I’m working on it as we speak.

did you notice the ANIM button in the image texture buttons? you can load an avi or sequence as an image texture… and … well, use it as a texture… on things… like you want

YES IT CAN BE DONE

In the Image tab (F6) click Movie. In the Anim tab set the frames.

%<

THanks, I tried it, and it worked ! Though I am still trying to get the playback to sync with the audio…

I have limited web space for posting images and avi/mov… Do you suggest a good one to use? For posting of previews that I link to from here.

Thanks,

Trane