Animating creation of bigger objects from many small ones?

I am not shure if this post should go to modeling, physics or here, but since I want to make an animation I hope I chose the right category.
I want to make a small animation in which I would make a big letter(and I mean A,B,C,a,b,c letters and such, not mail) gradually appear in high speed in 2-3 seconds, and lots of small letters would pour at high speed from the side of the scene and actually create that big one. Can anyone help me with some guidance about that?

Even though I’m not practiced at using the partical system in blender… the job seems to beg for using it here… perhaps by building a Big letter… and making it invisable… yet able to be used as a collision source for the smaller letter particals that will come and fill it up…

anyway… don’t know if that helps…

there is a particals and physics support forum here…

http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?42-Particles-and-Physics-Simulations

Usually this works by running the animation in reverse once you have created th large letter shooting its particles TOWARDS the edge of the frame. The emitter would always be invisible of course, but the mass of particles should make it seem solid until the last/first frame when the large letter can be made visible.

Thanks, I have some ideas now, but I’ll definitely ask on particles forum, for some preciser explanations. :slight_smile: