animating light emission problem in BGE

I am trying to make a light turn on and off in BGE. What I do is make an action changing the emit value of an object’s material to change from 0 to 1 within a few frames. Then I add some logic bricks whick are to activate the action from within the game. I connect the keyboard sensor through the and controller to the action actuator inside which I choose the the appropriate material action and change the start and end frames of the action to be played. The problem is it won’t work.

I have tried probably all the settings I thought could influence the emission change action, none of which has helped. Multitexture or GLSL, textured or solid view all bring different results but the wanted and expected one. Sometimes the object renders solid black. Sometimes it doesn’t render at all. And sometimes it renders emitting/not emmiting light but the emission value won’t change despite of the whole brick setup working fine.

Does anyone know how to make this work or can tell me what I am doing wrong?

It should be a lamp action not a material action.

Make sure all parameters of the action actuator are correct.

Let me make myself clear. I do not want to animate the energy of the light object, which works fine by the way. I want to animate the material emit value.

I think this kind of action is not supported yet.