I am trying to create an animation by changing the vertex group weights while applying a shape key.
- I have a plane with a hight resolution.
- The plane has one vertex group calles MyGroup.
- I animate the weights of MyGroup with a vertex weight proximity modifier.
- This means that when a specific cube comes close to a vertex of the plane the weight of this vertex in MyGroup is faded from 0 to 1.
- This works fine if I use MyGroup in a modifer. For example a Displacement modifier.
- This does not work when animating from one shape key to another with MyGroup set in the Blend section of this shape key.
Does anbody know why this doesn´t work or if there is some kind of way to make it work? Or are shapekeys calculated before modifiers are and therefore can not “see” the animation of MyGroup?