Animating with multiple empties

Hello, I came across this after effects tutorial and I am wondering if it is possible to create something like this in blender. Also I would like to know if there is a better way to do this in Blender. Maybe using multiple empties is making to harder than it needs to be? Do you know of any tutorial I can follow?

Yeah, I’ve demonstrated rolling cubes that have 4 bones, parented in a chain, each with a floor constraint (to some other marker). You could do it with a chain of 4 empties instead. Most any rigging-- yes, this is rigging-- is going to involve more than one entity, more than one mechanism, to get the effect you want. You just hide everything that the animator doesn’t have to know about.

1 Like

Thanks for the info bandages! I am just starting in blender so, I understand some of that and I am a little foggy of on some of it. Do you have a tutorial you can point me to help me understand 4 bones, parented in a chain, each with a floor constraint the " 4 bones, parented in a chain, each with a floor constraint" part?

Sure, here’s a file I made to demo it to somebody else and never bothered deleting: rocker.blend (110.9 KB)