Animation Camera Questions.

-I know that I can enter fly mode via <shift> + <f>. I know that I can view via the camera by <numpad 0>. I know that I can use the 4 cursor keys or <w|a|s|d> to mode or slide relative to the view/camera axis. I know how to start record (default progressive frame insertion). I also know how to animation render until my timeline is finished, to an output video file of my own choosing.

-How may I turn or twist “in place” during fly mode via keyboard keys, in respectively with the <w|a|s|d> movement? I can’t get the numock keys to do anything for me, and I want a way to perform all possible movements without my free hand shuddering subtly on the mouse, ie turning and rotating of the camera in fly mode.

-How do I delete a region of camera recording in timeline view? How may I select a recorded portion of camera timeline?

-How do I alter the “frames per second” recording rate?

-How may I create a Dope Sheet object (a shape key?) for one “journey” of a camera movement?
What is this object called, and how may I begin to record one (the camera’s viewing, for animation render)?

-How may I turn or twist “in place” during fly mode via keyboard keys, in respectively with the <w|a|s|d> movement? I can’t get the numock keys to do anything for me, and I want a way to perform all possible movements without my free hand shuddering subtly on the mouse, ie turning and rotating of the camera in fly mode.

you use the mouse… the setup is for left hand to control the forwards back left right, the right hand is to control the view.

if you press shift f, down the bottom of the 3d viewport it gives you all the options available to you, there is no tilt / rotate option there.

-How do I delete a region of camera recording in timeline view? How may I select a recorded portion of camera timeline?

you cant edit keyframes in the timeline, use the graph editor or the dope sheet

-How do I alter the “frames per second” recording rate?

this is under the render settings part, edit that before recording

-How may I create a Dope Sheet object (a shape key?) for one “journey” of a camera movement?
What is this object called, and how may I begin to record one (the camera’s viewing, for animation render)?

have no idea what you are talking about sorry

have no idea what you are talking about sorry

• I know that I can use shape keys to set up a series of object distortions. Can I use shape keys to set up a series of movements, particularly rotate and translation movements?

-Then, can I pre-organise a series of translation and rotation progressions for the camera while it is recording, i.e. a parabolic camera path while the camera twists it’s own view? Or a sudden camera leap from one numeric specifies place to another?

you cant edit keyframes in the timeline, use the graph editor or the dope sheet

-Though how may I edit, particularly select and/or delete, animation sections of the timeline?

-Though how may I edit, particularly select and/or delete, animation sections of the timeline?
Go to the frame range in the graph editor that you are interested in and edit the keyframes.

• I know that I can use shape keys to set up a series of object distortions. Can I use shape keys to set up a series of movements, particularly rotate and translation movements?
    Why do you want to specifically use shapekeys. Shapekeys move vertices so not really the job to move objects. Why can you not just use object keyframes if you want to control the movements of objects.

If you want a camera to follow a particular path then you could use a follow path constraint for it to follow a path/curve object. As it follows the path you could enimate it rotating etc

What are you exactly want to do ? Please supply examples etc so we don’t have to guess

From the sounds of his previous reply… it sounds like he just wants a straight keyframe interpolation.

Look into keyframes & keyframe animation… you can set specific points / how long to hold for / their interpolation between points.

[Deleted Post]