Animation Challenge #53 Entries CLOSED (No Participation)

In that case I might try and come up with something (if I remember :p)

[Placeholder]

OK… I’m game, i guess…

I don’t usually even check out this section of the forums cause I can’t really spare any of my weekends to do a contest, and my weekdays are full of work…

A month and a half seems like it should be plenty of time to whip something up in my spare time, tho :smiley:

Honestly, I would love to do a Dog on a Unicycle. I don’t know why, just a random thing that came into my head. But I have 25 critters to animate for a game, and no free time. Animation really takes a long time to do.

Definetly does especially if you are new to the whole thing. I wonder if we should make this contest always run for one month? What are your thoughts on this?

Ok people the BWC is almost over (30mins left) and this is a reminder that the animation challenge is still running. So people get in gear and show us a small animation for the topic The Big Top. Do your best and keep it simple. Details readable in the first post.

This sounds like fun and would be my first published animation. I have a few questions though. I am a new member and therefore cannot post posts with links (which has been really pissing me off as I can’t post the thread which is the reason I joined and lost it twice) so how would I post a link to a video assuming I get it done?

Second, what is a placeholder? If it’s worth anything maybe this post should be one but I’d like to know what is is.

msteele: I share your concern about the linking thing.

I find such behaviour of the admins counterproductive. Not being able to post links in threads (eg challenges) which state in their rules that the preferred way to post is by including links :cool:.

When you ask about it in a proper thread, you will only get peculiar suggestions to “post plenty to get unlocked with time”. So I’m posting pretty useless messages like this one.

[Now they will surely stop me from posting links until my thousand-and-first post :smiley: ]

Soooo, its september 30th. Ok, gotcha. I’ll see if I got myself some time. Don’t stop these, please!!! I’ll try I swear. So the big top, like a spinning top of large size?

@msteele, aiWorks: You can pm me the links and I will post em up for you. We are going to have a separate voting thread anyway. Besides I think posts with links in them will get reviewed by a mod and when they are approved they are posted (but please check with a mod for assurance)
@Sammaron: Look at the first post for an explanation but the Big Top basically means Circus in the loosest way. So any acrobatic animation or anything else associated with the circus should be fine! The first post also shows some ready made characters but you are free to use any character you want.

This is a reminder bump for people to get on the train. The topic is still The Big Top or simply put Circus.
Details can be read in the first post.
Deadline is the 30th of September 18:00 or 6pm GMT.
We need participants if we do not want this contest to die…

I’m still in!!! I’m workin on it!!! WOO HOO!!!

I sear on everything. My computer broke, something about the power source. No joke. I had a terrible start any way though… well… ummm… I tried hardest… so maybe… i dunno…

Well I was away the last week so I wasn’t here for the deadline but as it seems we don’t have two complete entries anyway. So I guess I will have to call this one done and go look for another topic. So if no one enters this one til monday I will provide a new challenge and hope that more people will enter.
If you have a good sound clip please pm me.

When will the new one start? I’m eager to do something!

Sorry haven’T gotten around to looking for a new sound clip so if anybody has some suggestions pm me!