Animation crippling computer. HELP!!

Ok I’m creating a 30sec character animation. When I have the dope sheet open and try to duplicate part of the walk cycle to extend it, blender just dies. I get the spinning beachball of death, sometimes it duplicates the frames but sometimes it doesn’t. I’m running a Mac
2 x2.66 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
8GB 667 Mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

Running Blender 2.5 Alpha 2 r28647

I’m wondering, should this be happening, with the setup I’m running or do I need to improve it to do this kind of work in blender. Hope you guys can help deadline is approaching and I need to know what is up before I can finish this animation.
Thanks

I can’t help with your specific question but I have a Mac Pro Octocore with 12 GB of Ram and Blender 2.5 will sometimes crash for me when duplicating or “copying and pasting” so it may be a stability issue with Blender.

pg

If you are still running r28647, you may try a newer version. It’s up to 29865 now, over 1200 revisions later.

And your computer is plenty fast enough.

When I really need Blender to perform, I usually have to boot up into Ubuntu Linux.

Updated to r29864, it’s still stalling on duplication of keyframes in the dopesheet, any other ideas?

Got this figured out with a little help from a friend, looks like Blender 2.5 does not merge keyframes. So if you duplicate keyframes and position them over other ones, you end up with multiples. I just had to use clean keyframes on every animated property, and that solved the problem.