Animation for SIEMENS

Hi there,

last autumn I finished a small project for SIEMENS, showing off some new hearing-aid. As usual you can check out the clip and extensive background-info on my project-page.

Enjoy,

Konrad

Here’s a little screenie:

http://www.konrad-haenel.de/projects/siemens_acuris/internals.jpg

Very nice!
I’m not suprised that Blender is used profesionaly on a large scale in Germany (assuming you are German of course).
I did my internship in Germany way back in 1994 for six months. I noticed that the profesional workforce has a different mindset than the rest of the world. It is very down to earth and focussed on results. So I was pleasantly suprised when I saw that the company I worked for used Atari ST profesionaly. And the same thing I noticed with this project of yours. I’m very glad to know that money can be earnded with Blender. Nice animation. Profesional broadcast grade indeed.

One question, is it possible to make the same animation toon rendered and using ramp shaders? It would give a cool ‘schematic’ look IMO. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a nice and clean visualisation, Konrad.

Hadn’t you thought about more realistic materials? I’m interesting in visualisation of the most complicated elements/ building the most complicated models f.e. CPU/GPU 3D sheme is something for breakfast.

My work is to bring Blender closer to serious producers / vendors.

Where can i find some of your ski equipment ? As i see you did some models for Tirol.

Oftentimes realistic materials obscure the purpose and shapes of subjects. For techincal illustration, I prefer something more like this. That’s just my take, though.

Huu, it’s really nice to get all these positive comments. And here’s some answers:

is it possible to make the same animation toon rendered and using ramp shaders? It would give a cool ‘schematic’ look IMO.

I’m afraind I won’t find the time for this.

Where can i find some of your ski equipment ? As i see you did some models for Tirol.

This project is just about to be finished and it will be on a completely different level. My best work so far, I hope to get approval for putting it online this month.

Hadn’t you thought about more realistic materials?

Yes, I did. I tried realistic reflections for the metal parts and it looked great, but rendering-times were unacceptable. Most other materials are quite realistic, though. Almost everything is made of plastic so there really isn’t much to improve there. Reflections and translucency would have made all the difference, but that wasn’t possible for an animation.

Really nice video.

The porfolio work at your site is very impressive too.
I really liked the EADS commercial.

I agree with you on this one. When you’re doing a technical illustration – or in my case, a cutaway to show details of how a machine works, presented in the middle of a more realistic depiction of it – “toon shading” works very well.

Nice job.