Animation Nodes

Just to update, I spoke to the author of the video and the sole issue was failing to capitalise the ‘Col’ attribute in the material shader.

Hi,

I`m just following the docs as a step by step learning and I just got stucked here. I’m using a falloff to scale each individual face of the torus, and it works, but seems that each face has its own axis orientation, how can i make them scale only in X axis?

thanks

Is this the effect you’re looking for?

https://nofile.io/f/bba9WryWFb2/an.blend

Is it possible to merge vertices of two different mesh procedural with animation nodes? If so How do I do it.

Here is blend file

It is highly customisable. Enjoy and learn.

can someone compile the animation node for the latest blender buildbot builds?
please for windows

1 Like

is there any way to apply and offset animation from another object to objects in the group based on the fallof?

Please can you make animationnode avialible for 32 bit

Hi, will there be a release for Python 3.7?

Well it´s seems that development of Animation Nodes has been abandoned now.

i dont know ,its so hard to compile the animation nodes for python 3.7?
i mean blender master has so many improvements that its just didnt make sense to stay on the official release

I think exactly what some users like myself would need, as a beginner is a detailed page explaining what each node does.

Current docs still don’t help newbies grasp the basics IMHO.

Anyone know where we can get this please?

Hello Corey

Try this:

https://animation-nodes-manual.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html

Thanks! But not quite what I meant.

I was saying a (comprehensive) listing of all nodes and clearer details what they do in one place.

The current documentation you sent I have seen, appreciate some of the work there, but it doesn’t quite help take a newbie to intermediate level because of some large presumptions in knowledge IMHO and some nodes lack details.

And the videos only cover some nodes but not always exactly what each node does and how/why.

Thanks though.

Please help!

Out of nowhere is seems the animation nodes documentation has been changed, it appears that significant parts of the Subprogram > Loops > Examples have just gone!

I’m trying to learn this significant area and as advised have been using the docs. It now the examples I have been working have been greatly shortened.

dont know about the development but jacques said that he’s planning to port AN to 2.8

https://twitter.com/JacquesLucke/status/1051826815990263808

Hi all,

I have a simple AN setup which create faces from points in space dictated by a particle system. (see image below) Now I would like to colorize the individual faces randomly. Is this possible with Animation Nodes?

To my knowledge the Set Vertex Color node is the only way that could work. I tried to rebuild your node setup and a particle system to test it, but propably messed up some settings. So I couldn’t check if it really works in this case. May be I get it running this evening. Because you generate meshes that contain verticies it should work in theory.

Thx for looking into it, BlenderWillie. Please let me provide you with my .blend. (It’s AN 2.1)

AN PS FACES.blend (4.7 MB)

Thanks for the .blend file. The faces are generated and they can be colored with the Set Vertex Color Node. Because all faces are transfered to one single mesh object the whole mesh has the same color.
I guess it’s necessary to create single mesh objects for eache face inside the loop and apply the vertex color in the loop.