Animation Nodes

I think you should look into “object index passes” and “object info node” inside material. But this approach could be a deadend, I am not sure, needs testing.

If I convert the Bezier into a mesh then I can no longer animate the geometry (like a snake or growing plant).

But I guess what I could do is to keep the Bezier growing tube hidden, and on every frame I convert it into a mesh with AN. Is that what you did? Or maybe you did not need to animate the shape of the bezier?

@Serge_L I get the impression that none of the 4 values inside the Object Info Node are meant to be animated, or? Well, location could be animated by moving the object, but I need a growing plant that does not change its location…

Thanks for the ideas!

For example, for first object you can alter passes in time in 0-25 range, for second in 26-50. Then in shader separate them with “greater than” node.

It works! Thank you @Serge_L ! Great idea :slight_smile: I didn’t know what Object Index could be used for.

I can use it to set the “age” of each object, and make some look newer and others look older just by changing that value. I can even animate it with AN for each object independently.

(in this image the “age” is just shown as the scale of the texture)

1 Like

I did’t have the animation on focus, because I used this method to generate images with multi colored curves.

Fine that Serge_L’s solution works and that you showed the working node tree.

Hi guys !
Here’s a new template in my Animation Nodes templates repo !
This is a fully procedural twisted torus !

You can find it here

It was made to replicate this cinema 4d tutorial

As usual feel free to use it, and to contribute if you want !

cheers !

3 Likes

I have not been able to follow Anodes for a while. Has the development of Anodes stopped? Or is this going in parallel with the Functions branch.

2 Likes

Made experiment, while using @3D_Singh version with additional nodes (Big thanks for the Vertex Colors node especially). Sphere have actual cloth simulation going, and its parameters, like tension and shrinking are driven by animated vertex group. Information from this group is used in material too.
(https://gfycat.com/brilliantpastelkagu)

1 Like

Hi guys, here’s a new AN example for my template repository, this time for proceduraL spring creation !

This is a simple utility created as a subprogram group, so you can create several spring using one nodetree
find it here !

As usual feel free to use it, and to contribute if you want !

cheers !

Hey guys, in case you didn’t notice, a brand new official site for AN with daily builds for all platforms !

Yaaaaay ! :smiley:

8 Likes

Hello friends
Can you give me an advice for car traffic simulation? Especially for intersections.

I try release it via follow path, looks like not bad, but intersections, i cant to win them)
an.blend (162.6 KB)

this guy is showing some crazy stuff with in his twitter

( also check his youtube channel )

i didn’t even know that we could do rigid body on voronoi fracture without the fracture modifier branch

10 Likes

Hello, can anyone check this please : (ANIMATION NODES) A couple of issues with “Invoke Subprogram” & “Loop Input” nodes. ?

I would like to have a Loop to calculate only once but without iteration input, I can’t. I don’t find a break loop.

Hi, i don’t really get what you want to achieve, if you don’t want to iterate, you can use “group” type subprogram, they only use single parameters, not list input. They don’t iterate, but just process once per computation of the tree. Is this what you’re looking for ?

Thanks for your answer : Blue Fox has just released a great tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SMFucF-SC8&feature=youtu.be about what razin posted just above me and I asked in the comments of the tutorial if the desintegration can happen only once as if the Loop to “de-Animated” objects stops once the object has the state not “Animated”. I’m not sure to be clear.

all right so i bet your comment wa this one :

It works in one direction yes, but if you come back in the same axe, it rebuilds statue ;). Perhaps something to do by invoke the loop only once so once the object is not “Animated” anymore, it stays in this state whatever the controller does ?

If i get it right, you want to limit the empty influence to a “one time destruction” ?
I don’t know why exactly but being a falloff, i think you can only change its influence with other parameters. Through time for example, if you know your disintegration will take place between frame 1 and 100, you can limit the falloff influence between these particular frame like this :

You can see in the frame the interesting part, the integer input give the frame number at which the falloff will become 0, so you can multiply this value with a Mix Falloffs node to control it, then plug the result in the Rigid Body subprogram for example.

Is it this kind of trick you were thinking of ? cheers !

Yes, that’s my comment ;). Thanks for the trick but I’m searching for a one time destruction whatever I do with the Object Controller Falloff.

Like storing the state of the object so once it’s not “Animated” anymore, it can’t be “Animated” again. I’m pretty new with Animation Nodes so I don’t have (far away :stuck_out_tongue:) all the keys yet and if there is a way to do this.

from what i saw in the tut, the nodetree set the objects as active rigid bodies through the falloff controller, so the destruction happened correctly, but i’m not sure you can prevent the loop subpogram to compute again and again, even if the destruction is accomplished.

My trick makes it so the object controller won’t do anything past frame 10, and the influence of the rigid bodies would be set to 1 (fully influenced), but yeah, not really what you want…

Interested if you find a better solution :slight_smile:
cheers !
(and welcome to the great world of Animation Nodes :wink: )

Yes thanks, this add-on is awesome :slight_smile:, Jacques Luke did and does amazing work !!! I’ve started to dig in. I’m gonna searching if I can compare the actual state not “Animated” with the Loop.

1 Like