Animation on a book page / Interactive Book Question?

How would one go about showing a moving animation on a book page? And how about interactive books? There’s lots of tutorials on youtube on making a book with flipping page animations. But not one of a picture book (with moving pictures), or a book where the user can flip through individual pages and read / watch a story rendered in blender.

How would one go about showing a moving animation on a book page?
Add a material to the page, add a texture to that material and use an image sequence or video as that texture

or a book where the user can flip through individual pages and read / watch a story rendered in blender.
Do you want this to be interactive. If so use the blender game engine to trigger a series of animations

Eventually I’ll be rendering and porting it over to IG Maker (but I love Blender’s 3d system and graphics. So I’m blending the two. IG Maker’s set up for the game, but Blender for the artwork. Mostly so I can port it out as a Flash Game / Interactive Book.). So I’d merge my animation scene [well animation frame] onto the page, and when I play it, that pages animation would play out?