Animation Practice Fight Scene 001

Hello everyone. I am working on a animation using Victor and Vincent battling in a fantasy type fight. I am going to use a multi camera single shot experiment that I have been wanting to try for a bit. Here are a few images of the zoomed out of the set, and the weapons that will be used.

You can watch me work on the project at https://www.twitch.tv/leetfilm

Comments and Constructive Criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Looks cool man, hope to see more! And if it’s your first animation don’t worry it it looks a bit weird at first you will improve on the fly. Happy blender!

Here is a small update of what I have been working on. I am still in the test stage, making sure that everything flows well before diving deep into the animation. I have this idea of starting the animation zoomed way out to show the location of the scene.

Then it is going to split the camera into two shots that will play next to each other showing both characters. The easiest way I have found so far is to put a plane on half of the camera for what I am not using for that shot. The shots are going to be 1920x1080. Since I am splitting the shots I made each side have a 960x1080 plan to its opposite side like this.

Then in post I will put them together like this.

Ultimately they will make the camera turn back into one once they begin fighting, which is something I am still experimenting on. If anyone has a better idea on how to split the cameras so I don’t have to render out planes I would love to hear it. Let me know what you guys think so far.