Animation problem in 2.40?

I had a funky thing happen last night when rendering an animation with a moving camera. First off, I was looking at frame 160 or so when I clicked “Animate”. It started rendering at the frame I was looking at (rather than 1).

So I shrugged, set the frame back to 1, and started again. When I got up this morning I realized that the animation had ignored the IPO I had on the camera. If I ran a preview (CTRL-A) the animation ran just fine, with camera movement and everything. I loaded it back up in 2.37 and it’s running perfectly. Weird.

Post in the bugtracker, please.

EnV

Was your camera object on a hidden layer? Something similar to this happened to me and was fixed when I made the layer that held the camera visible.

This should have been asked in Blender General.
Anyway : shouldn’t we assertain that this is a bug first ?

Everything’s working fine here and TallGuy’s description make me think that his camera was on a layer that wasn’t on. That’s what it does here at least.

Jean

This should have been asked in Blender General.
Anyway : shouldn’t we assertain that this is a bug first ?

Everything’s working fine here and TallGuy’s description make me think that his camera was on a layer that wasn’t on. That’s what it does here at least.

Jeans[/quote]That’s why I asked first. (In the wrong forum. Sorry.) Ok, it looks like my camera WAS in an non-visible layer. Is this a feature now? This isn’t how it behaves in 2.37.

When I get home I’ll try to reproduce the animation starting with the frame I’m on rather than the Start frame.