Animation transfer

I have an fbx animation. I want to transfer the animation to the model I have bound, and then delete the fbx, and I can adjust the model animation later. Can this blender do it?

The short answer is YES.
That said, and I haven’t gotten around to trying it, is 1. you have your character and armature currently all set up.
2. You import an FBX animation ( Mixamo for example)
3. Now as I understand it…You are supposed to merge the armatures ( how I don’t know, something about selecting and perhaps R-Click and merge, fuzzy on the how…
4. In the action editor in the center pull down, you can change to the second animation…

I just tried it ( not knowing how, and I skipped the merge part, as it was not working for me), I just imported the new FBX, then went to the action editor, and selected the new animation, switched it from Rest to pose and it worked, except all the rotations were wrong…but it was a start…
The merge is what needs to figure out and how to get that right…will do a bit of research and see where I went wrong…and get back to ya, if no one else gets to it first!

OK…several hours later…
Found a far simpler way of doing this…the other must have been a hold out from 2.7 days…
Start a new file…Import your FBX w/ animation…( select the settings for pre-post and under armature, automatic bone orientation …only if needed…might take a few tries to get the armature in and looking right.)
Save as a .blend file!
Start a new file…open your model ( I am assuming it is rigged etc)
Append File>> the FBX you just saved and in the Action folder, select the armature…

OK, now select your armature.
Open up a new panel and set to action editor…with your armature selected, in the center dropdown, select the animation action you just imported…

I hope it works for you…On my file bone rotations were wrong for arms and legs…I am in the process of re-doing everything to get them right!

1 Like

Thank you for your information, let me try.

http://lucky3d.fr/auto-rig-pro/doc/remap_doc.html#set-source-and-target-armatures

I found a solution here.

1 Like