Animations of the Master Twardowski and Making of

Hello!

This is my first post on this forum. I would like to share with you my latest project. I work for a cultural heritage institution, digitizing museum objects and preparing 3d models with PBR 8k textures. Most of them are on open licenses and you can download them from the sketchfab website for free! link

I decided to bring one such museum object to life. I made three short animations of a wooden toy Master Twardowski, coming from The Seweryn Udziela Ethnographic Museum in Kraków. The toy was designed by Zofia Stryjeńska in the 1920s.

Animation made in Blender 2.92 with Autorig Pro and Wiggle bones. I used a few mixamo mocap mixed in Non-Linear Animation module in Blender. Rendered in Eevee with one HDRI and 3 spots light. Textures made in Substance Painter. I prepared also a short making of. I had a lot of fun making these animations, it took me about a month working after hours. Let me know what you think :wink:

Below 3 animations + making of in one youtube playlist (Pirate, Gangnam Style, Great Gatsby)

4 Likes

What a cool and fascinating project- I hope you bring more old time toys to life. It could be a great way to get more kids interested in visiting museums!