Anime style Hair addon " amasawaTools "

am i the only one who the hair add on wontworkhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png exactly as i see in the tutorials? the hair doesn’t move unless i un-check the soft-body goal and it wont stay on the scalp. it will fall as if it’s a wig T_T
im using blender 2.74

Take a look at the comments section of the demo.

the addon is awesome. Please add it to blender trunk. :slight_smile:

it gives invaluable out of the box features and saves tons of time.

is this possible to do with blender’s hair particle system? I see we can attach geometry to hair particles, however there are two problems:

• The instanced geometry gets hidden when you edit hair in blender - so you have to constantly jump between hair combing mode and object mode to see changes. It is rubbish when compared to Max in that regard :frowning:
  • The geometry does not bend according to hair strands. Instead it stay straight.

If there is a workaround to those , can someone share a tutorial? :slight_smile:

For those interested, the latest version seems to be 0.7.4: http://ch.nicovideo.jp/Arasen/blomaga/ar914528
Not sure what the changes are, however, due to the language barrier, haha.

Damnit, so hard to keep track on this! Is he allergic to blenderartists.org? Thanks for the detective work :slight_smile:

A new version out, 0.9.0!
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/Arasen/blomaga/ar1000109

Seems to be mainly implementing some grease pencil functionality.

I have to try this one!

Okay, thank “YAFU” that I now know this thread exists. First, the github, whose user is addicted to Nicovideo.

Second, the instructions, copied and pasted from ManuelLab’s thread.
When you give an object hair particles, you will see it in the particles section and the modifiers section. In the modifiers section, hit “apply”, then select the object that had the modifier and remove it from the object to avoid redundancy. After, check the “Tools” tab in the Tools sidebar. Yes, you heard me correctly, hit “T” to open the Tools bar, then check the “Tools” tab within that bar (speaking of redundancies) and scroll down until you see an option for AmasawaTools. You will see lots of buttons, but you want to press “AnimeHair”. This will open a pop-up box asking about Bevel and Taper types, among other options, including Softbody options. Pressing OK will initiate it. Not to worry, though, if you did not like the options you started with, you could easily edit them in the operations panel below. If you perform another action and lose the dialogue box for the hair, you can easily get it back by selecting the hair (it will act as 1 object) and hitting “AnimeHair” again. You will be given the exact options you left it with before losing the options in the first place.

I hope everyone who enjoys the use of hair makes use of this add-on. I hope Gooseberry finds a way to use it. I hope this add-on gets the recognition it deserves, and I hope all who run into this add-on find it useful, in some way, shape or form. Hair, grass, excruciatingly detailed carpets. Finally, I hope the creator of this add-on gets recognized for their work and understands just how useful it would become. Someone, please!

Also find this helpful video for those who get bored by long slabs of text (like me :P) It´s in russian but really easy to follow along.

I think he just updated it again with some new features about 2 months ago
here’s the link of AmasawaTools Updates if you wish to follow it

While for the latest update (AmasawaTools 1.1.8)

I think he updated it again with some new features
AmasawaTools 1.1.8

To follow the AmasawaTools Updates

http://ch.nicovideo.jp/Arasen/blomaga/ar1197512

WIP

I´m checking that blog every now and then. The skope of this addon has grown a lot over the last year.

Can this style be animated??

Sure it can be

Can anyone post some results of this add-on… More specifically, how it looks completed on a modeled character mesh?? I keep seeing (non informative) tutorials, but never the add-on itself truly in action.