Ankle IK Issue

Hey guys I’m having a bit of an issue while attempting to set up a walk animation. After setting up a key frame the foot will move above the ankle IK. I will position the ankle IK where I want it, and then go to Insert Keyframe Menu - Visual LocRotScale. After navigating to a different frame and then returning to the one I saved earlier on the timeline the character’s ankle will actually be above the position of the IK.

How should I go about troubleshooting? I’m not sure what the issue could be or how to address it. The tutorial I followed for setting up the rig is here http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/12/12/blender-introduction-to-character-rigging/ Relevant section is at 23:55.

Thank you.

Wanted to update my post since I still don’t have a solution. If I reset the position and rotation it looks like the left leg of the armature decreases in length and the left leg of the model deforms accordingly. On the other side the right leg in the armature increases in length and so does the right leg of the model. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue? The one leg of the armature is apparently arbitrarily increasing in length while the other decreases. Unless I’ve misinterpreted what I’m seeing.

Thank you.