I’ve been trying to Parent with automatic weights, but i keep getting the error “Bone heat weighting: failed to find solution”
here’s what i have tried so far,
- Used mirror modifier to recreate second half of obj.
- Removed all dupes
- Recalculated outside normals
- removed all un-applyed modifiers
- removed all failed vertex groups
- Recreated Armature from scratch starting with the first bone (named “Root bone”) centered at base of obj and after finishing one half of armature mirrored. (I was sure to not resize or change anything outside of edit mode)
- tried using the Sub face modifier fix
- used all clean up tools at least once (when that didn’t work reset back to the original obj)
- cut obj in half and re-mirrored to make sure was symmetrical (also used symmetrical modifier)
I have read across the forum looking for other solutions but to no avail could someone please look at my obj and see what i might have done wrong?
[Edit broken link, thanks @Richard_Marklew for pointing it out.]
thanks in advance