Another broken Apple product victim.

Hi.
I have gone out of town for two days to my old house in Rose Hill, which is now a business owned and operated by my dad. Since he uses Macs, and has one computer with outdated software on it (Panther), I decided to bring my old Mac copy of MDK.
HOWWEVErzz…
When I put the disc in, the computer fails to acknowledge that I even inserted a disc. I tried it with some others, and still nuffin’. I really want to play this old game, as it’s one of my all-time favorites. I’ve owned it since I was… 5. 9 year old game :smiley:
I know it was made for Mac OS9, but Panther comes with a 9 emulator-ish thingy.

Don’ t mean to sound rude, but are you putting the disc in round the right way? Try putting it in with the shiny side facing the other way, and see if that’s the problem.

I doubt it’s the wrong way, but if it is, I’ll be damned.
This is an iMac G4, and the disc drive for G4’s are horizontal. Thus, shiny side down. I’m gonna try it anyway. :smiley:
Edit: NNEeegattive.

Trying to put a really old disk in a really new computer and it not working is hardly a “broken apple product” problem…

Mac’s suxors get a real computer, get a windozers one, you can do lots of cool things on it, like they have built in games that are awesomz and you can like paint and even record voice for 60 seconds!

W00t!

Shnitzel, this disc has worked on this computer every time until a while ago.
And wtf Daniel.

Mac’s suxors get a real computer, get a windozers one, you can do lots of cool things on it, like they have built in games that are awesomz and you can like paint and even record voice for 60 seconds!

:confused: that was certainly helpful. The old OS should work on your computer. I’m sure you’ve tried wiping it down (and no, I don’t mean sticking it in the toilet). I actually think you’d find yourself some better help on one of the apple forums. I honestly can’t tell you because I’ve almost never had trouble with my apple (with the exception of the G4s, those weren’t altogether incredibly well made).

peace,
-nick

You know, I’m pretty sure that he’s joking.

Yournamehere: This computer so happens to be a G4.