Another female model

Hi Orinoco
Thank you so much for your *.blend and hair explanation - I will have to look at it at home tonight.

oh no i thought i was posting this in my thread i swear i didnt think it was in this one I am so sorry wrong post lol plz forgive me

the facial features of the women are not good i mean unattractive were you trying to make a crippled women? i think it looks like an alien but nice ,odelig for the sake of modeling

Wow, thanks so very much for the useful and cogent critique. And your opinion about my motivation is just so very, well, relevant to something, I’m sure. Or maybe its just posting for the sake of posting, or should I say [ostig for the sake of posting?

Renegade may be rude, but to be honest, he’s right about the facial features not looking good. I kinda like the topology, it looks clean, there’s a loop in the neck I’d try to change isall, but the figure of the skull is off…
Man or woman, the formula for the skull seems to be the same, so:
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8959/linkskullwebmy3.jpg
Shot at 2008-03-23
I made this image for another thread, the proportions are right. You could scale and rotate it in the gimp or something to make it match your woman’s head, the keypoints will remain the same no matter how you scale it. After that you can focus and prettying things up a little.
I’d post a frontview but I don’t have one right here. Try and match it out, I think it will improve the head. look for regular skull images and try to match your woman’s head to it.

@FreakyDude – check out the dates. I haven’t worked on this in over a month, there is actually focused critique, such as yours, on page 1 that I haven’t responded to yet, and renegade comes along with nothing more than rude insults. He’s trolling my threads, and other threads I’ve posted in. He’s probably pissed off because he gave some bad advice in another thread and I posted there pointing out it was bad advice.

Thanks for the paintover. This is the kind of thing that’s useful to someone looking for focused critique. When things settle down and I have some time to spend on things other than new 2.46 features and the bootstrap animation threads, I will return to Alice and try to incorporate all the actual critique I’m getting in this thread ;).

About the nose, it looks like a pigs nose (not dissing your model, just observing), because you didn’t place isolation loops around the parts that needed more definition. That is why it looks like the nose is directly like a skin pulled out the face. I’ll post here a modeling session later on how to box model the nose.

I would really appreciate that, toontje, I can’t tell you how long I struggled, unsuccessfully, as you can see, with her nose. Tell me more about isolation loops, too, that concept is unfamiliar and may be what I’m missing.

About the nose, it looks like a pigs nose (not dissing your model, just observing), because you didn’t place isolation loops around the parts that needed more definition. That is why it looks like the nose is directly like a skin pulled out the face. I’ll post here a modeling session later on how to box model the nose.

kill me for being honest and trolls are cool (should i lie ? and say that the model looks like a super model just to be polite ) like i said man nice modeling for the sake of modeling peace out just to clear things out “i donot have a grunge or anything against you whyd you have to think like that man so negative try and think positive” i am who i am (sometimes rude but true)

Hiya blenderrenegade,

Just in case you missed it, there is a stickyat the top of the page.

Here’s an extract on posting replies:
/Snip start/-------------------------------------------------

Posting a reply:

1. Respect the artist
    The artist is posting his work is looking for criticism, this doesn’t mean you need to kill him! He probably worked pretty hard on his project and is looking for ways to improve it, please show him some respect.

2. Provide useful feedback
    This is a focused critique forum; people posting their work here are looking for feedback. We will therefore only allow posts that give constructive criticism. Posts like “Wow that’s cool”, “Jeez you suck” or even “This is some of the best work I’ve ever seen” will be removed.

If you haven’t got anything to add, don’t reply!
-------------------------------------------------/Snip end/

Bend it in any way shape or form, you broke both rules, Orinoco’s model may be far from being perfect but it’s certainly not modeling for the sake of modeling and still 100 times better then what I can do, which is the reason I lurk on these “human model” thread, to learn (and some of the female model are cute too).

And you did dig that thread out which had been inactive for a month?

Personally I suck at human or animal modeling, so I cant offer much comments, but I do read these post to examine how the artist are creating these models, and see the feedback they receive from those more expert in either modeling or anatomy, texturing, etc, it’s a nice way to learn, for free :slight_smile: Many people have offered very good comments, that’s all filed for future use if I ever risk myself in serious organic modeling :slight_smile:

Take care.

thanks for reviving the rules appreciate it man
lol man haha i broke the rules maybe but i dont see it that way man the feed back his model s facial features are not symmetrical when compared to a real face (off course i could have just said that but (i said it in another way for eg (your model resembles an alien and the part modeling for the sake of modeling is it not true everyone models because they are interested and if he was really interested he would have done proper research about the facial features and human anatomy i meant it in a good way ok i will not post anymore on this thread because than orinoco might feel offended or he might think i,m hijacking his thread ,peace out (my comments are always positive but they are like riddles decode them anyway you like its always a good ocmment)