Another Hardware Question

Been using Blender for close to 20 years now and have one question.

I’m looking into rendering Fire and Water simulations, however my current PC build is holding me back. I’m looking into upgrading it but don’t have a whole lot in the way of funds. So to make a long story short: I want to know what I would need to get my computer to be able to render simulations in a reasonable time.

My Specs: I5 4460 1150 Quad core Intel CPU
32 GB of 1600 DDR3 RAM
1050 TI GTX EVGA 4 GB Nvidia
750 TI GTX EVGA 2 GB Nvidia

Not sure if I need to upgrade my motherboard. If I do then that is definitely out of the question (Knowing that it would be more than just a Motherboard upgrade I’d need Memory and new CPU). If I missed anything Important please like me know.

Yeah, realistically you want to go for a system upgrade.

edit: do note that it is a whole new multi core era thanks to AMD/Ryzen. You might be able to get a reasonably good upgrade via the used market.

Oh well, I was hoping it wouldn’t have to come to that. Not going to complain I’ve been able to do some great things. It’s just been bugging me lately when I was making a video and I needed an explosion and it would take 20 minutes to Bake a few seconds to only have my computer bugged out just trying to render one frame. lol