Another particle question: Static sand particles

Hi,
while my last particle question has yet no answers, I feel free to ask another one :wink:
What I want to achieve is the following:

There’s a logo object, which should be burried under a heap of sand (particles). Then I want to use a wind-forcefield, to blow the sand away, so the logo is visible.

My problem is, that I cannot find a way to create the heap of sand. As it seems, all particles (exception hair) are generated while a animation runs. But I don’t want the sand particles slowly to appear. I want them to be simply there as static particles.

I don’t know if I missed something. I hope you understand what I mean, because english is not my native language.

EDIT: I am using Blender Version 2.49

Thanks in advance
Sonny

You can set particles to start emitting from a negative time. That way they are all created and available on frame #1.

You may want to do a search on “hour glass”. A while back a fellow created a decent looking hourglass with particle sand.

Yes, I allready experimented with negative start values… but somehow it doesn’t really work the way I want it to work. Something allways doesn’t stay where it should stay or moves while it shouldn’t move. Anyway. If this is the way to go, I’ll experiment further at it until it hopefully works :wink:

Thanks for your answer
Sonny