Another Stargate, last updated on 5-8-06.

The images had to be that big to have the symbols at a decent resolution. They help, no?

They help alright, but my mom’s computer (the one with Internet) won’t show them because the html file it links to is too large for the server it’s on… Could you link to the picture itself?

I will if you can find an image host for me. They are over 1 Meg in size, so imageshack won’t work. Maybe I could just rehost the downloadable file on a different host… Since you said the chevrons are out of proportion anyway, I’ll give you a picture without them so you don’t have anything obstructing any of the symbols on the ring.

[Edit] I hope this works for you, I rehosted them but they still are not direct links.

front

back

[edit 2] I dunno, the chevrons look ok to me… The symbol resolution is just high enough to copy them ok.

Attachments

This is the official schematic for size and proportion. The chevrons on your pictures are WAY off.

http://home.kendra.com/urania/stargate_Sg1/stargate_art/grph_stargate_schematic_xl-1210.jpg

Thanks for the pic.

I still really apriciate those pictures though, as they’re the only ones with the pattern on it. And, like you said, nice detail on the symbols.

I have an update:

I adjusted the chevrons to make them less flat and more accurate.

I finished the chevrons! Not a lot more to look at, but it took a lot of work (I only just found the edge slide feature… That would have helped with the rest of it!)

Now I’m going to start on the symbols (Anyone have a different origin symbol? I need it!). Comments and critique are still welcome on the chevrons, too!

Edit: Forgot to mention this, so I am now, I DID NOT USE ANY BOOLEANS!!! Booleans messed up my Tardis model when I did the indentations on the sides using them, and even though it looks good, it is not a very clean mesh at all.

Why, yes I do!:slight_smile: Just a minute…

I’ts been 30 :p.

Sorry, my mom booted me off of the 'puter for a while. I’m doing it right now…

[Edit]

P7J-989

Abydos

Antarctica gate

I can’t see the Abydos one, but I think I’ll go with the Antarctica gate one. Thanks!

I was gone because of the same reason… Weird.

Scroll down to the bottom of the linked page and you’ll see the Abydos point of origin. link

I see… (thinks back to a weird joke my dad made, “‘I see,’ said the blind man to his deaf wife over the vidoe-phone.”) I’ll stick to antarctica. Isn’t Abydos in a different galaxy? I’m doing mine in the Milky Way.

Nope, in fact Abydos is the closest planet to earth with a gate. (Desert planet… Anubis blew up pyramid… Skarra’s homeworld…) Didn’t you ever see the movie? First planet we ever gated to, nuked Ra’s butt, too. You’re probably thinking of Atlantis, that’s in the Pegasus galaxy.

By the way, I forgot to answer your question about material settings…

The gate itself is just a cloud texture,
the chevrons are red transparent with raytransparency (1.00 IOR),
and the lights are orange, transparent at 0.25 with Ztransparency, and has add on.

Yeah, and if I remember correctly, in the movie they said the planet was half way across the known Universe. Also, that gate connection completely drained their power, whereas other gate operations in SG1 don’t. Of course, I only saw it once, and I might have mistaken the word Galaxy for Universe, and it might not drain their power because of improved technology (naquadah generators).

I’m curious, how do you plan to start modelling your symbols? What I’m doing is outlining each one by extruding a plane, then extruding out for thickness. I’m about half-way through the outlining phase…

I’m using poygonal curves with extrude. That way I don’t have to really work at modelling them.

Actually, in the original Stargate movie, the Abydos origin symbol is just like Earth’s, but with 3 moons above the pyramid connected to each other by lines.