Another test for Corona

This is a scene I made a while ago (all my own assets) but I didn’t like the results I was getting with Cycles so I converted it to Corona.
Also I included the image I used for reference, I think the image is from Pinterest.

31 Likes

Nice! Did you model the rug yourself? I always struggle in getting a realistic looking rug in my interiors, but this one looks really good.

1 Like

Hi bureaubruin, thankyou for your comment.
Yes I modelled everything except the green plant.

The rug was a real headache because hair doesn’t seem to work for the Corona add on just yet, at least I can’t get it to work so I had to convert it to curves and then add geometry which doesn’t look quite as good in my opinion (the rug actually looks better in Cycles).

1 Like

Would be cool to see how the cycles render looked? :smiley:
Is it hard to convert to corona?

1 Like

Wow, this looks really good! You really nailed the lighting.

Yea at the moment Corona needs a few problems to iron out so it can be painful depending on the scene.

Cycles version…It’s not so good quality, had to screen shot it because the original wouldn’t upload for some reason.

8 Likes

Thankyou, the lighting was quite simple, just a single hdri.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Cheers Bart :smiley:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Thankyou Bart :+1:

Question. Did you have to redo the entire texturing,uv, materials and even lighting when switching to corona?

OMG dude the carpet! It looks so real! How did you made the hair? I am struggling with a towel.

blender guru has a great easy tutorial for a towel.

Is that the blue towel? That’s quite outdated and pretty basic.

orange i think

This one? It’s pretty basic. I am trying to make something like this:

1 Like

Yeah pretty much everything, although the lighting is very simple just an hdri.

Just try to get the right balance between hair thickness and particle count (not too many).

I am having trouble with the sharpness where the threads end. Cannot get them to align properly.