Antherium Nature Render

I have been away from Blender for a long time, so I thought that I should probably make a nature render for my portfolio. I decided on the antherium plant and it’s leaves. Please feel free to critique the work and give suggestions on improving the render.

3 Likes

1 Like

Hello. That is quite a convincing rendering. If I scrolled past it on social media, I may have thought it was a photo. I assume you are going for photo realism. I’m not a blender expert, but if I was to try and figure out if this was a real photo based on my artist background, I would say the grainyness of the render might give it away a little, and the red part of the flower is a little too smooth compared to photos of antherium plants, they have deeper indents in it from what I can see. I was going to say it looks a bit like plastic, but the real plant also looks a lot like plastic, so its up to you if you want to emulate that or go for the “fiction is better than realism” approach. (Either is good) To really fool someone, you could add imperfections or even an insect. perhaps make the veins on the green leaves more visible/prominent.

1 Like

First off, thank you for the comment.

1. You are absolutely right in that the grain does give it away, but I don’t know how to fix it. Should I add more film grain or clean it up? My guess is putting generated grain filter in Photoshop, but I would like to know how you would fix it.
  2. You are also right about the plastic-ness of the plant, which I plan on fixing.
  3. I will also add some more imperfections and fix the texture.
    Thank you so much for critique.