Anti-Rep-Rap

Anti-Rep-Rap
Engineer a system of open source “Cubes”
these cubes, are very small, and contain… well many materials, etc

each cube is a item like a very small processor or a 3d wire, or a Fipel Cell, and many many more…

these are assembled to create devices, using adhesives that have properties other then just being adhesives, like conduction, heat conduction, optical conduction etc…
these are painted on each cube via a printer before “linkage” is made,

Imagine dissolving your phone, your computer, and your watch, and spitting out a Super computer… or anything…

Direct Rep-Rap recycling,

Not easy
Totally worth it…

You mean - like this

or this?
http://meccano.rustoys.ru/index.html?curcat=50&subcat=247
Would need a nice FPGA inside each cube and a centralized firmware loading system nowadays. Would cost a ton of money as well.

Yes, accept MUCH SMALLER

the initial cost, compared to destroying earth…?
Cost to recover precious rare metal from your grandchildren’s blood stream?
also, I think this would actually lower costs, since each piece can be used in 1000’s of differing items :slight_smile:

I wonder, how it can be possibly connected. Mass-production of any device harms the environment. And Moore’s law extends on your cubes as well. Also, electronics is not as versatile as you can think, so 10’s of different devices, not 1000’s (in fact, one device, but highly scalable and extensible). Building complex analog devices from standard blocks is impossible. And almost every digital device is essentially a computer.
Scalable computer, then. A mini-cluster. With its single node being a simple controller (1 SOC + 1 extensible bus + a small borderless touch screen over it). This system will also need a power node (in a variety of sizes), a port controller node with ports, an external memory node, a wireless tranciever node, a DSP node, various coprocessor nodes. From these, theoretically, you could build a computer of any size - from a wristwatch to a supercomputer :slight_smile: But there is one thing that prevents it and limits possibilities immensely - the bus. Being the only and universal internal bus, it will have to transfer large amounts of data - the more blocks, the larger. And with lots of interconnections, its transfer capability will be crippled. And this problem haunts all digital devices, from their very beginning. General rule - the more monolithic a device is, the better it works.
Another thought. Human technological progress is based on miniaturization, increasing the density of components. And said system denies this concept, which is not sensible.
And last, but not least - RepRap is intended for in-home manufacturing of simple, monolithic objects of arbitrary shape, mostly, from plastic. I wonder, how an electronic construction kit could possibly replace it.

its not to replace it,

I am referring to,

RepRap - with cubes ->make thing

anti rep rap,dissolve and sort cubes

and last, light can move data, electricity, waves and sound… and potentially quantified heat…

the possiblities are endless, don’t think in term of what has been done, think of what you can possibly do,

Cube Rap Singlethttp://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=45595

Bump to reiterate That I thought of this first… :wink:

:smiley:

I guess great minds think alike :smiley: