Any other tips for photorealism?

I am going for photorealism for this one, but now this render just screams CG. I wamt this to look like a photo. Please help.

1 Like

Maybe some noise, glare, kontrast?

2 Likes

hi this looks really good and like a finished image. i feel there is something very subtle that could be off, but as i say it is subtle and so i don’t totoally know what it is. One thing is I wonder if the wood grain on the wall is a bit big? but then I don’t know, cause it also looks really good like that.
The two concrete slab walls that are next to the wood wall, maybe could be a little closer together, so the gap is there but narrower? The wood makes more sense to have a wider gap I think there. cause concrete is a lot straighter.
I don’t know what the black lines on the white side wall are? Also I am confused by the plank of wood coming down the wall? also it’s a bit weird cause of how long that plank is.
There may be a small space between the ground and the floor along back wall.
Anyways those are the things I see. This picture is very beautiful. I like it a lot.

I changed a lot of stuff for that point. And finally came to the last render(still not happy, but I can’t just keep working on it). I will keep these critiques in my mind for my next render. Thanks!

Here’s the final one:

1 Like

No i totally get that. You did a great job!

Photo-realism = Detail, especially material detail and physical correctness.

Okay off the cuff:

• Don’t “precisely align” the seams of the back-board with the pillow. From a distance it looks like it’s a “wire” with a “weight” hanging from it.

• Vary the color temperature of the various lights, albeit slightly. If you look at a real-world photo shoot you’ll see that lightly-tinted "gels" have been placed on nearly all the lights. It is not a feature that is intended to “draw the eye,” yet it is there.

• Various online sources are available which describe the “temperature” of real-world light sources, using the rather-peculiar nomenclature of “degrees Kelvin.” Nonetheless, they are accurate and they can be used in a variety of ways to help inform your lighting decisions.

Now – I think that this is a nice and well-exposed shot. Consider various things to add variety: a brightly-colored throw-pillow on the foot of the bed, or varying the width of the boards in the paneling. How about putting on your “interior decorator” hat and lightly painting one of the walls? Even in a real space, “a slight difference in color,” applied to say “one of the four walls,” can make a real difference.